News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Our GDP per capita is higher than Slovenia's yet they are "rich" and we are "so poor".  :hmm:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2016, 07:19:03 AM
Hey, you seem to be confused a fair bit lately. Getting snarky about search engine results and attacking millenials when you actually mean current teens (who are not millenials). I'm only pointing out that your bile seems misdirected.

Thanks, cunt.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on October 18, 2016, 09:48:23 AM
Our GDP per capita is higher than Slovenia's yet they are "rich" and we are "so poor".  :hmm:

You seem to be confused.

celedhring

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 18, 2016, 10:02:38 AM

You seem to be confused.

Nah. http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.PCAP.CD

I get that it's a matter of perception. We are the second poorest Western European nation. That still makes us richer than probably 3/4 of the ROTW, and all of Europe east of Germany/Austria/Italy.

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on October 18, 2016, 10:07:35 AM

You seem to be confused.

I get that it's a matter of perception. We are the second poorest Western European nation. That still makes us richer than probably 3/4 of the ROTW.

He's just mimicking what I said.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2016, 10:09:44 AM

You seem to be confused.

I get that it's a matter of perception. We are the second poorest Western European nation. That still makes us richer than probably 3/4 of the ROTW.

Ah okay. I was taking him seriously.  :lol:

Zanza

Talking about GDP, I just read in a FT article that Germany's GDP is bigger than that of the 21 small economies in the EU combined (all except UK, France, Italy, Spain, Netherlands and Sweden). I obviously knew that Germany's economy is large, but I had never thought about how outsized it is compared to all the smaller countries in the EU.

Grey Fox

While Large the real issue is 21 EU economies are really, really small.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: celedhring on October 18, 2016, 10:14:52 AM
Quote from: garbon on October 18, 2016, 10:09:44 AM

You seem to be confused.

Ah okay. I was taking him seriously.  :lol:

So you were confused after all. :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Larch

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 18, 2016, 12:07:03 PM
While Large the real issue is 21 EU economies are really, really small.

Most of the countries are really small as well.

derspiess

Also the people who live there: small.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2016, 03:02:41 PM

The place where I come from is a small town
They think so small, they use small words
But not me, I'm smarter than that,
I worked it out
I'll be stretching my mouth to let those big words come right out
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on October 18, 2016, 03:02:41 PM

Well technically they have a bit more there than Americans.

mongers

Had a lift in car yesterday, I was doing an acquaintance a favour, first time I'd been in a car for 1901 days.  :hmm:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"