News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanza

Quote from: Tyr on February 07, 2016, 04:42:20 AM
Another weird hair related issue- yesterday for some reason I got into an argument over whether it is normal for men to shave their armpits. I said no. 3 others said yes. WTF? :blink:
Since when has this been a thing?

garbon

Quote from: Zanza on February 07, 2016, 05:36:59 AM
Another weird hair related issue- yesterday for some reason I got into an argument over whether it is normal for men to shave their armpits. I said no. 3 others said yes. WTF? :blink:

Yes, if you want to live like you are in the 90s, you participate in that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Perhaps "grunge" was a reaction to Euroweenies shaving their armpits?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on February 07, 2016, 07:01:55 AM
Quote from: Zanza on February 07, 2016, 05:36:59 AM

Yes, if you want to live like you are in the 90s, you participate in that.

I'd guess it's just some continental, Euro, speedo-wearing thing.  :P

MadImmortalMan

There's a museum to Obama in this truck stop.

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Grey Fox

I get an haircut every 8 weeks, I am thinking of going to every 6 weeks.

I shave my arm pits twice a year or so. There's a point where deodorant just isn't working anymore.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Ed Anger

I have my hair plucked by aged Vietnamese crones weekly.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I have my ass scraped by blind monks ever three years,  They also lance boils.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 07, 2016, 03:27:27 PM

I guess he stopped there to make a pit stop once while campaigning? Sort of a new take on the "George Washington Slept Here" theme..."Barack Obama took a dump in this toilet".

It is normally $1 to use the toilets, but for $2 you can use the throne christened by Obama.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: alfred russel on February 07, 2016, 11:04:50 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on February 07, 2016, 03:27:27 PM

I guess he stopped there to make a pit stop once while campaigning? Sort of a new take on the "George Washington Slept Here" theme..."Barack Obama took a dump in this toilet".

It is normally $1 to use the toilets, but for $2 you can use the throne christened by Obama.

There's a pint glass he drank from in there. Unwashed. Ew.

But not a campaign stop. It's in Ireland. Apparently he has an ancestor from the place. Obama's as Irish as Reagan and Kennedy apparently.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

Who has an ssd?
Beyond os what do you use it for? Game installs?
The limited read write cycle stuff has me concerned.
Ordered one anyway. Might as well if I'm doing the windows 10 switch.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I've had my OS SSD for 3 and a half years now. Recent health check still has it at 100%.

I've added a 512 GB SSD recently and use it for games with long loading times (CK2, EU4, Dragon Age: Origins ...).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on February 08, 2016, 11:02:31 AM
Who has an ssd?
Beyond os what do you use it for? Game installs?
The limited read write cycle stuff has me concerned.
Ordered one anyway. Might as well if I'm doing the windows 10 switch.

My SSD is just for the OS.  One large enough for game installs would be awesome.

Every hard drive has a limited lifespan.  Your mechanical drive will not last forever.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

Two Calgary teens died over the weekend (and two more are in hospital) after they broke into Calgary Olympic Park and rode down the bobsled track in a toboggan.  What they didn't know was that there was a barricade half way down the track, which happens when the track is set up for luge and not bobsled.

http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/02/07/saturdays-deadly-incident-at-canada-olympic-park-wasnt-the-first-time-the-bobsled-run-was-used-for-a-sneaky-thrill-ride

I don't know whether this is a :( or a Darwinian :lol: (though the media is full of reports about how these boys were top students), but in any event I thought it was right up Languish' alley.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.