News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barkdreg

Isn't this more a case of self-loathing than rascism?
Or just not liking people invading your country?

Josquius

Indeed. Met quite a few Russian speaking Ukrainians, descended from Russians, that hated the Russians. Quite strange.
See also: Scotland, Ireland & Wales :p

Quote from: Syt on February 06, 2016, 05:29:47 AM
Parents play hide & seek with their toddler and strap a GroPro camera to his head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o27tIdYggY0

:D
Cute. Thought he was the one looking for a place to hide at first.
Damn dog.
██████
██████
██████

barkdreg

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on February 05, 2016, 07:50:19 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 05, 2016, 02:40:11 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 05, 2016, 02:00:41 PM
Must be weird to watch your country die.
It's not going to die any time soon.  Putin got small chunks, but galvanized the rest of Ukraine against Russia.  If anything, he gave it a new lease on life.  Russia was slowly culturally absorbing Ukraine and subverting its government, before Maidan and Putin's retaliation wiped all that work away.  But while Ukraine may not die, it could very well remain in a persistent vegetative state due to oligarchs whose corruption is nothing short of treason.

I sorta meant the previous country dying.
When you're 9, such things are interesting, not weird or terrifying.

Ideologue

I dunno, I was sad.  Turns out I was right to be, given that without an ideological counterweight, the U.S. just kept drifting to the point where Donald Trump could still plausibly be elected president.  Whereas when we had a strong Soviet Union, we had civil rights, the Great Society, the EPA, a minimum wage that didn't suck, governmental infrastructure spending, a more equitable distribution of resources, mostly full employment most of the time, and so on and so forth.  We also had Vietnam and a justified fear of thermonuclear combat, but you take the sour with the sweet.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

I think I'd rather be a gay black man today.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

How often is normal to get a hair cut?
Thinking of getting one in March but 3 months seems too soon.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on February 06, 2016, 02:54:54 PM

Whenever you feel like your hair is too long.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 06, 2016, 04:03:43 PM

:D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: Ideologue on February 06, 2016, 01:17:42 PM
I dunno, I was sad.  Turns out I was right to be, given that without an ideological counterweight, the U.S. just kept drifting to the point where Donald Trump could still plausibly be elected president.  Whereas when we had a strong Soviet Union, we had civil rights, the Great Society, the EPA, a minimum wage that didn't suck, governmental infrastructure spending, a more equitable distribution of resources, mostly full employment most of the time, and so on and so forth.  We also had Vietnam and a justified fear of thermonuclear combat, but you take the sour with the sweet.

But roughly equally plausible to a Trump presidency is a Sanders presidency.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 06, 2016, 04:03:43 PM

Which is...?

Another weird hair related issue- yesterday for some reason I got into an argument over whether it is normal for men to shave their armpits. I said no. 3 others said yes. WTF? :blink:
Since when has this been a thing?
██████
██████
██████

Liep

When I was driving from Køge last night I saw something that I first thought was just a spark from the pantograph, then a lightning, then when the sky just continued to become brighter I figured it was something special. Turns out it was a meteorite, pretty cool.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Admiral Yi

I get a haircut about every three months and I'm kind of shaggy by the end of it.  Try every two months Squeeze. 

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Tyr on February 07, 2016, 04:42:20 AM
Which is...?

Subjective.

I probably get my hair cut about twice a year or so. I'm looking like a Beatle toward the end of it.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

LaCroix

once a month if you want to maintain #style. I'm at once every two months, give a few weeks usually.

related, do you tip hair stylists more/same/less as waitresses?