And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

A goal for when I have plenty time and money:
- tour the U.S. (and Toronto) and catch a game in every MLB stadium

Maybe I could merge it with my goal of making  tour of ACW battlefields.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Tour of ACW battlegrounds: :thumbsup:

Josquius

I slept till half one. Oops.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 19, 2010, 08:46:58 PM
Are you giving yourself credit for British-born ethnics, or are you only counting the real deal?
Never done British, all foreigners.
Though the only Asians have been caucasian Asians, not oriental, I've got that on my list still.
██████
██████
██████

Zanza

Quote from: Syt on January 20, 2010, 05:06:52 AM

Baseball is pretty boring. However, touring a battlefield sounds so extraordinarily dull that even baseball might be interesting as an alternative. Aren't most battlefields just some meadows and hills?  :huh:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Zanza on January 20, 2010, 09:41:17 AM
Baseball is pretty boring. However, touring a battlefield sounds so extraordinarily dull that even baseball might be interesting as an alternative. Aren't most battlefields just some meadows and hills?  :huh:
Fucking Sytard is already a fan of beisbol.

Josquius

http://www.thelocal.se/24490/20100120/

Students occupy a brewery and demand they make a km long pipeline to their university.
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

Lots of ghosts too

Syt

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm an utterly boring person.  :bowler:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

It is a nice walk in the sun. Plus you get a small thrill standing on the ground that is blood soaked.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HisMajestyBOB

Some places have re-enactments. If you arrive really early, you can replace the fake guns with real ones. Makes it more exciting.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Lettow77

Touring battlefields is amazing. Shiloh and Fort Pillow felt very hallowed to me- it was an emotional experience.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

But he won't be seeing empty meadows and hills. He'll be seeing soldiers moving across them in his minds eye.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

The thing I like about visiting battlefields is it gives you a much better sense of the scale and of the amount of cover.  3 Boyscouts with sling shots could hold Culp's Hill.  Pickett's charge was absolutely hopeless.  The Crater is surprisingly small scale.

Murder Boner: loved that game.  Purtiest counters ever.

Barrister

I've only been to a small handful of battlefields (Culloden, Batoche, and Auschwitz, which is a kind of battlefield), but I found each one quite interesting.

A whole series of baseball stadiums however...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Could you even get tickets for all those stadiums?
Its pretty hard to get tickets for some stadiums in the UK.
██████
██████
██████