News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Denmark and Norway are members of NATO and thus more important than Sweden.  :uffda:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Rodrigo Rato - former conservative Economy Minister during our bonanza years, and also former IMF Managing Director - has been arrested under tax fraud, money laundering and concealment of assets charges.

So the guy in charge of watching the hen was a fox himself. Color me surprised (not).

Josquius

Today I went to the toilet and as I unbuttoned my trousers my button popped off and fell into the loo.
I should probably diet harder....
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

So I had dinner at the gas station and there was a dude there trying to sucker a guy into working as a door to door salesman for AT&T.  At one point I heard him tell the mark that "if you're good, you can make $125,000 doing this job!" :lol:

I'm sure that's possible if you work seven days a week, 18 hours a day, and every single homeowner you annoy signs a contract. :)

Poor kid.  I heard him say he was unemployed so I guess he has nothing to lose... if I hadn't heard that or if he said he had a job (any job) I might have stopped him in the parking lot and tried to warn him about what he's potentially getting himself into.  I've interviewed people who have done these jobs before, and you're lucky to make the equivalent of minimum wage, as they stiff the greenhorns with the worst neighborhoods and one sale a day is about average, from what I heard.  You also get screamed at and threatened with violence all the time.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Eddie Teach

Several months of "foodie" pretensions undone in a few keystrokes.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Sheilbh

Living through a wonderful slow burning hangover today :bleeding: :weep:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 16, 2015, 06:15:33 PM
So I had dinner at the gas station and there was a dude there trying to sucker a guy into working as a door to door salesman for AT&T.  At one point I heard him tell the mark that "if you're good, you can make $125,000 doing this job!" :lol:

I'm sure that's possible if you work seven days a week, 18 hours a day, and every single homeowner you annoy signs a contract. :)

Poor kid.  I heard him say he was unemployed so I guess he has nothing to lose... if I hadn't heard that or if he said he had a job (any job) I might have stopped him in the parking lot and tried to warn him about what he's potentially getting himself into.  I've interviewed people who have done these jobs before, and you're lucky to make the equivalent of minimum wage, as they stiff the greenhorns with the worst neighborhoods and one sale a day is about average, from what I heard.  You also get screamed at and threatened with violence all the time.

Reminds me of one time I was traveling and having dinner at some restaurant's bar by myself.  Some young dude rolls in and flashes a bunch of cash, offers to buy peoples' drinks, and starts bragging about how much bank he's making.  Basically begging someone to ask him why he has so much money.  Someone finally took the bait and asked.  He answered,"Selling magazine subscriptions!" and instantly transitions into "recruit the suckers" mode.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 17, 2015, 06:22:19 AM
Living through a wonderful slow burning hangover today :bleeding: :weep:

They get worse as you get older.  The only way to win is not to play.  Or take the day off :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on April 17, 2015, 09:48:11 AM
Reminds me of one time I was traveling and having dinner at some restaurant's bar by myself.  Some young dude rolls in and flashes a bunch of cash, offers to buy peoples' drinks, and starts bragging about how much bank he's making.  Basically begging someone to ask him why he has so much money.  Someone finally took the bait and asked.  He answered,"Selling magazine subscriptions!" and instantly transitions into "recruit the suckers" mode.
:lol:

Remember that whole Jodi Arias murder trial?  That's basically what she and the dude she killed were doing, except they were selling pre-paid legal services.  Who the fuck buys that from someone who comes knocking at your door? :wacko:

Valmy

So my sixth anniversary is coming up tomorrow. Romantic destinations will be visited and passionate non-reproductive sex will be had.

My wife told me earlier this week she really knew I was serious when I got her a lovely pink sapphire necklace for her birthday about two months after we started seeing each other. She admitted googling it to see how much I spent and everything. Now granted the details of those times are kind of blur, my brain was too hyped up on happy chemicals. However, I distinctly remember buying her that necklace as a plot to get her to show more cleavage. Well that was not the only reason but it was a consideration. I wonder if I should tell her that?  :lol:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on April 17, 2015, 11:05:10 AM
So my sixth anniversary is coming up tomorrow. Romantic destinations will be visited and passionate non-reproductive sex will be had.

My wife told me earlier this week she really knew I was serious when I got her a lovely pink sapphire necklace for her birthday about two months after we started seeing each other. She admitted googling it to see how much I spent and everything. Now granted the details of those times are kind of blur, my brain was too hyped up on happy chemicals. However, I distinctly remember buying her that necklace as a plot to get her to show more cleavage. Well that was not the only reason but it was a consideration. I wonder if I should tell her that?  :lol:

:lol:

I love stories like this.  :blush:

Just thinking forward to my own upcomming anniversary - when I first met my wife, I though she was hott; some months later (a long story about that, involving rivals on both sides and my own cluelessness and gullability), she invited me to her apartment-warming party; I brought as a gift a spider made out of a piece of crystal chandelier and femo + wire.

Surprisingly, this worked.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

Non-reproductive sex with your wife?
What's the point in that. Sheesh.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

True fact: Hardly anybody used Google around the time I got married :oldman: