News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on January 12, 2015, 01:48:31 PM
Pilot.

In reality, drone pilot would be more my thing. ;)

I've 'piloted' many successful drones on Languish, I could go on and on about them.   :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Sheilbh

Quote from: Zanza on January 12, 2015, 02:03:20 PM
2014 was the first time since 1969 that Germany didn't issue new federal loans. Reasons were higher tax revenues and lower interest.
:( More's the pity.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

But that is clearly false.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on January 13, 2015, 12:26:03 AM
:rolleyes:

Don't get huffy at me just because your post wasn't fun or true. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: Josephus on January 13, 2015, 10:22:16 AM
What is that formula for dating younger women again? I don't think Jimmy Page passes it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2905867/Whole-Lotta-Love-Led-Zeppelin-guitar-hero-Jimmy-Page-71-takes-actress-girlfriend-s-age-dinner-Nando-s.html

I always wonder how those young people put up with the inevitable comments from their families. Maybe they are estranged. :hmm:

Ideologue

I'd like to find out one day.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Quote from: Ideologue on January 13, 2015, 01:42:36 PM

You missed your chance with the Duchess of Alba :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

Well put your mind to it. I'm sure you could manage it if you came up with a plan and worked at it.

Malthus

I think Jimmy Page is taken, though.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

As I'm doing a buzzfeed roundup, here you go Ide.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/this-31-year-old-guy-is-dating-a-91-year-old-great-grandmoth#.kdxP2264w

31 year old with a 91 year old. Apparently his first girlfriend when he was 22 was 50.

The 91 year old says "The physical side of our relationship is wonderful"

He's also dating a 68 year old.

His mom is cool with it. Where there is a will, there is a way!