News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Malthus on December 23, 2014, 01:59:34 PM
Came across this, the single worst Product Idea I have ever heard of.

Apparently, in the '70s, Gerber came up with the notion of selling their baby food to adults.

The notion was that adults, who had just left home, would want the comfort and convenience of eating baby food.

They called this product "Singles".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerber_Singles

Seeing that on your shelf is sure to impress any dates you bring home ...  :lol:

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Ms. Crabapple buys "Chef Lonely Hearts Soup-For-One" at the Quick-e Mart. Only, this is baby food, which adds a whole new level of sadness to the mix.

Should have waited ten years...use Robocop as the pitch man.

Josquius

Getting internet for my place in Switzerland is proving a pain.
Shop around a lot for the best deal then have to check whether it is randomly available in my apartment or not.
In praying I don't have to spend more than 60 euros a month here, but I hear bad things...
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on December 23, 2014, 03:56:02 PM
Getting internet for my place in Switzerland is proving a pain.
Shop around a lot for the best deal then have to check whether it is randomly available in my apartment or not.
In praying I don't have to spend more than 60 euros a month here, but I hear bad things...

Have you considered mobile broadband or tethering a good data enabled cellphone to your computer?
More flexibility and cheaper than striking a land-line based deal.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Tonitrus

The best part of the winter season = HOTT weather ladies in sweater dresses.

Ideologue

The best part will come when I can run.in actual SUNLIGHT and not sleep 10 hours a night.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

The best part of San Diego (as I've just recently seen again) is the surfer dudes stripping out of their wetsuits 365 days a year. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on December 23, 2014, 06:44:31 PM
The best part of the winter season = HOTT weather ladies in sweater dresses.

Coeds in leggings and boots.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2014, 07:01:24 PMThe angles inside are interesting, but aside from that it's hideous.
Isn't that a bit like looking at a Rothko and saying the colour's interesting, but aside from that it's hideous?
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2014, 07:09:58 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 23, 2014, 07:01:24 PMThe angles inside are interesting, but aside from that it's hideous.
Isn't that a bit like looking at a Rothko and saying the colour's interesting, but aside from that it's hideous?
As with all brutalist architecture it's an inhuman, totalitarian, spiritual void.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 23, 2014, 06:37:41 PM
It's a disgrace a building this beautiful is being shut down <_< :(
http://www.architectmagazine.com/architecture/berkeley-art-museum-closes-in-brutalist-building-by-mario-ciampi_o.aspx?dfpzone=home

Sorry, man.  The sooner brutalism is wiped from the face of the earth, the better.  The only benefits they possess are as location shots for post-apocalyptic films of man's dystopian future existence, and that can be CGI'd in.

I walked passed the slow demolition of the Morris A. Mechanic Theater downtown not too long ago.  Buh bye, you Stalinist lunar space station, you.

Tonitrus