Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ideologue on December 22, 2014, 05:08:46 PM
Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2014, 04:35:52 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on December 22, 2014, 04:28:37 PM
Tamas, do I tell you what IT certs yoy need?

I don't. And yet when it comes to my field everyone is an expert.

No wonder barred attorneys practicing law can hardly make a living anymore: everyone in not just America but the the entirw free fucking world already knows their business.

I'm an expert in your field. :contract:

I've been ragging on you for years to get your fucking bar call. :contract:

You barely even know what I do, counselor. :P

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1873107026/aviary-attorney?ref=category

QuotePlay the role of bird-brained lawyer, Monsieur Falcon. Take on clients, collect evidence, and deliver justice to the guilty!

The year is 1848. Paris is on the brink of yet another revolution, and the prisons are overflowing with guilty and innocent alike.

In the dusty and neglected Aviary Attorney legal offices, Jayjay Falcon and Sparrowson receive a lucrative offer. Bourgeoisie kitten Caterline Demiaou has been accused of murder, and the Demiaou estate are willing to pay a sizable sum for a defense lawyer who can claim a Not Guilty verdict. Falcon will surely take on the case, but is somebody conspiring to stop him?

CountDeMoney

I want a bourgeoisie kitten.  :(

Caliga

Bought a pair of Clarks Rattlin Port loafers yesterday... very very comfortable. :cool:

Princesca caught me looking at Bruno Maglis and yelled at me. :Embarrass:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2014, 07:03:33 PM
Princesca caught me looking at Bruno Maglis and yelled at me. :Embarrass:

http://youtu.be/VWKrncseUw8

"...now I can't wear those, because of the fucking OJ thing..."

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Ha, I forgot about OJ's Bruno Maglis. :D
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Earlier this year I read Hunter S. Thompson's "Hells Angels".

Here's a few photos from a TIME photographer that were probably taken around the time (1965) that Thompson hung out with them:

http://www.vintag.es/2014/12/20-black-and-white-photos-of-life-of.html

That was during a time when there was a moral panic about bikers in general and Hells Angels in particular.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

I think Ide will end up as one of these mafia lawyers. He hates capitalism too much but wants to be rich so it's the only way. :P

Admiral Yi

CNN showed the PM of Belgium getting sprayed with pommes-frites and mayonaise by 3 women who were upset by his austerity policies.  Strangest thing was no one made any attempt to arrest the women. 

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 23, 2014, 01:26:15 PM
CNN showed the PM of Belgium getting sprayed with pommes-frites and mayonaise by 3 women who were upset by his austerity policies.  Strangest thing was no one made any attempt to arrest the women.

Given the state of Belgium politics it was probably the caretaker of the government building, masquerading as the PM to keep up appearances, so no one gave a toss if he got splatted.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I'm also shocked that Belgium actually has a government at the moment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Came across this, the single worst Product Idea I have ever heard of.

Apparently, in the '70s, Gerber came up with the notion of selling their baby food to adults.

The notion was that adults, who had just left home, would want the comfort and convenience of eating baby food.

They called this product "Singles".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerber_Singles

Seeing that on your shelf is sure to impress any dates you bring home ...  :lol:

Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Ms. Crabapple buys "Chef Lonely Hearts Soup-For-One" at the Quick-e Mart. Only, this is baby food, which adds a whole new level of sadness to the mix.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Reminds me of Futurama's Batchelor Chow.  "Now with flavour!"
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Maladict

With decent marketing, I could totally see students eat that stuff.