And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Sheilbh on December 21, 2014, 01:20:11 PM
I love how awful this picture of the Carter family Christmas is:

Also I've had two long weekends of festivities so far. I feel like my liver and my guts are in a race to see who'll kill me first :(

That's what people looked like in the 1970's.  Everything was kind of washed out.  I wasn't born yet, but I do remember that by the late 1980's if you stayed in a room to long you get little bars of static and the top and bottom of your vision.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Saw this on the newsstand at the checkout tonight. Malignant narcissism if I ever saw it.   :P

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 21, 2014, 09:03:22 PM
Saw this on the newsstand at the checkout tonight. Malignant narcissism if I ever saw it.   :P

Who cares.  Hawt.

And it would explain so much... :hmm:

Razgovory

I don't even know who those people are. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Okay so I haven't really been on Languish for awhile. What's with this rape culture you all have going now?
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

Crunchy's uncle started posting here.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on December 21, 2014, 10:32:54 PM
:console:

You need to get out of your basement more. Taylor Swift has been super famous since 2006.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2014, 05:39:03 AM

You need to get out of your basement more. Taylor Swift has been super famous since 2006.

Ah must be making the same mistake as Raz; I only slavishly follow the famous, didn't realise there was a god-like super category above them.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

She's known but not necessarily a super star in Germany/Austria. According to research, her best single here was "I knew you were trouble" which managed to make it to #5 in Germany, and #6 in Austria.

I basically only know her from online news, and I have no idea how much airplay she gets here, if any.

Current Top5 Germany Singles are:

David Guetta feat. Sam Martin - Dangerous
Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It's Christmas (German Version 2014)
Kwabs - Walk
James Newton Howard feat. Jennifer Lawrence - The Hanging Tree
Robin Schulz feat. Jasmine Thomspon - Sun Goes Down
(I have heard none of those songs)

Top 5 Albums:

Helene Fischer - Farbenspiel :bleeding: (62 weeks in charts :bleeding: :bleeding::bleeding: (
AC/DC - Rock Or Bust
Herbert Grönemeyer - Dauernd jetzt
Trailerpark - Crack$treet Boys 3
Pink Floyd - The Endless River
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Another Presidential Christmas, this time with the Nixons:
Let's bomb Russia!

Norgy

Is it: caption-making time?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 22, 2014, 05:39:03 AM

His basement obviously has internet, so it's still a puzzlement.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

I saw gas at 1.99 while coming back from the extended family Christmas.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 22, 2014, 10:01:12 AM
I saw gas at 1.99 while coming back from the extended family Christmas.

Yeah I drove by $1.95 and promptly did a U-turn.  I never thought I would see prices like that again.  Thanks fracking-Obama!
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

I never thought I'd see the day when gas was less than a buck per litre.

Now it's at 80 cents.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.