News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Cluj is also known as Klausenburg. In the middle ages a lot of Germans were asked to settle there.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

This cat is definitely Romanian or a Vlach or whatever.  His name is Romanian, his skin is snow white, and his hair is jet black.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on May 06, 2014, 07:21:35 AM
Cluj is also known as Klausenburg. In the middle ages a lot of Germans were asked to settle there.

Actually, it is called Kolozsvar :P

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on May 06, 2014, 07:12:07 AM
Today I have a consultant originally from Cluj coming in to the office.  Should I take him to: a blood bank for lunch. :cool:

If Tamas was here, I guess I'd let him beat the dude up too. :)

Nothing is more pathetic than internet Romanians and Transylvanians whining how everybody only knows them for Vampires.  I was like: you worthless fucks should be thanking your lucky stars you are known for something as awesome as Vampires compared to the shit you deserve to be known for.  It is like Japanese complaining everybody associates them with ninjas.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 06, 2014, 08:26:24 AM
Today I have a consultant originally from Cluj coming in to the office.  Should I take him to: a blood bank for lunch. :cool:

Nothing is more pathetic than internet Romanians and Transylvanians whining how everybody only knows them for Vampires.  I was like: you worthless fucks should be thanking your lucky stars you are known for something as awesome as Vampires compared to the shit you deserve to be known for.  It is like Japanese complaining everybody associates them with ninjas.

I thought everyone associates the Japanese with tentacle-raped schoolgirls.  :hmm:

Who may, admitedly, also be ninjas.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

Ninja schoolgirls? Or tentacle ninjas? OR BOTH??
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tamas on May 06, 2014, 07:38:25 AM
Quote from: Syt on May 06, 2014, 07:21:35 AM

Actually, it is called Kolozsvar :P

Big Daddy Hitler isn't around to give Hungary free stuff anymore.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

True. If it wasn't for vampires it would have to be backstreet abortions or human traficking or something.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on May 06, 2014, 08:33:34 AM
I thought everyone associates the Japanese with tentacle-raped schoolgirls.  :hmm:

I didn't say ninjas was the only thing people associate with Japan  :ph34r:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on May 06, 2014, 08:37:11 AM
Ninja schoolgirls? Or tentacle ninjas? OR BOTH??

Gotta have a variety, to keep the scenario fresh.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

The Brain

They have a rich and vibrant culture and heritage. That's why I see fucking Romanians all over Stockholm, begging while on their cellphones.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

The Romanians here complain on how they are all considered Gypsies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

They disagree, mostly because they claim they are Hungarians Romanians.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.