Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 01, 2014, 04:28:57 PM
So I am going to be more educated now. I was just gifted digital access to NYT. ^_^ :unsure:

That's weird, so have I.  Must be a big promo going on with their subscribers.

garbon

Are we the same person? :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

It would explain so, so, so much.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 01, 2014, 06:14:41 PM
So I am going to be more educated now. I was just gifted digital access to NYT. ^_^ :unsure:

That's weird, so have I.  Must be a big promo going on with their subscribers.

Me three. :huh:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Ideologue

Krugman is good for you.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2014, 09:00:25 PM
What's a newspaper?

If we were talking about a physical newspaper and not online news, you might have an opening for that quip. :console:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 01, 2014, 09:00:25 PM
What's a newspaper?

It's a website where you get fed liberal stuff.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

You mean like vegetables?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

QuoteGerman airline Lufthansa is to cancel 3,800 flights on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday because of a strike by pilots over pay and working conditions.

The airline said 425,000 passengers would be affected by the stoppages.

It says that it has sent 100,000 text messages and emails to people who have booked on its flights in an attempt to prevent chaos at airports.

Emergency sleeping and food has been made ready at bigger airports for those who did not get the warning messages.

Fun!
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

Welfare pilots.  Lufthansa pilots are destroying America.  Stupid unions.

garbon