News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on November 14, 2013, 11:14:06 AM
There are a few unattractive ones, but compared to most places I've worked (particularly where I am now, as I mentioned), it's a very good group overall. 

And yes, good hair goes a long way with me.

They are relatively young, with good hair.  That's going to raise them above the average work place, especially the youth.  But I was reacting to Cal's comment about HOTTIES. 

Brazen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 14, 2013, 09:46:29 AM
Now see, that just got me hard.

I'm in the wrong industry.  :(
Hey babe, I'm off to Bletchley Park next week and a Force Protection & Manoeuvre conference the week after :perv:

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2013, 11:17:00 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on November 14, 2013, 11:14:23 AM
Sure, with half the forum having Asian female fever, it's a gay guy that's rolling his eyes.

:rolleyes:

Pretty sure I called people out on that in the past too. :P

What's the objection?  I haven't had my second coffee yet :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

All this, and you can't even see if they have pointy elbows.  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Sure, with half the forum having Asian female fever,

I don't know if that's accurate.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Sure, with half the forum having Asian female fever, it's a gay guy that's rolling his eyes.

:rolleyes:

I lust after beautiful women of all ethnicities.  But seriously half the forum?  Hardly.  Jacob and CdM are not half the forum.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on November 14, 2013, 11:31:50 AM

Because if you are attracted to Asian women you are 'fetishizing' them and making them 'exotic other' or something.  Thus dehumanizing them.  YOU MONSTER!!11

I personally find the 'fetishizing' thing hard to wrap my head around...you objectify them and then give this object human qualities?  Talk about mind-blowing.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

The Brain

White women is where it's at.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on November 14, 2013, 12:07:41 PM
Quote from: derspiess on November 14, 2013, 11:31:50 AM

Because if you are attracted to Asian women you are 'fetishizing' them and making them 'exotic other' or something.  Thus dehumanizing them.  YOU MONSTER!!11

I personally find the 'fetishizing' thing hard to wrap my head around...you objectify them and then give this object human qualities?  Talk about mind-blowing.

Well yes, that's a nice caricature you've created.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I'm not particularly attracted to Asian women.  Am I okay then? :unsure:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

The last row is good for laughs as well.

Admiral Yi

On the issue of race, I think that's another factor that contributes to the *impression* of hottness in that office.  That organizational chart goes to 11 in its Caucasianity.  You just don't see that much in most work places.  Well, maybe in Utah.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on November 14, 2013, 12:32:46 PM
Well yes, that's a nice caricature you've created.

Oh if only it was.  I was a bit smug about it, sitting there thinking 'well I am not especially attracted to Asian women, but you guys who are must be feeling pretty shitty right now.'

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2013, 12:43:15 PM
On the issue of race, I think that's another factor that contributes to the *impression* of hottness in that office.  That organizational chart goes to 11 in its Caucasianity.  You just don't see that much in most work places.  Well, maybe in Utah.

:rolleyes:  They have diversity: both blondes and brunettes are included.

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 14, 2013, 12:43:15 PM

You also do not generally see every single employee being an under-30 female.  It is hilariously creepy, which was the intent natch, not arguing over their sufficient hotness.  They might not all be beauty queens but good enough for creeps to perv over.