Josquius

██████
██████
██████

lustindarkness

I know what a CB radio is.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 13, 2013, 08:20:35 AM
In Quebec, it's C.V.

Using résumé makes no sense, it's a verb, not a noun.

Ever heard of "participe passé substantivé" ? Résumé a noun too. It's just that résumé is never used in French as a synonym of curriculum vitæ.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

QuoteThe death of MI6 spy Gareth Williams, whose body was found in a padlocked sports bag, was probably an accident, police have said.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24927078

:yeahright:  :ph34r:

Malthus

Quote from: Zanza on November 13, 2013, 01:29:15 PM
QuoteThe death of MI6 spy Gareth Williams, whose body was found in a padlocked sports bag, was probably an accident, police have said.

They are seriously entertaining the theory he put himself in a bag and padlocked it?  :lol:

QuoteDuring a seven-day inquest in May 2012, the question of whether Mr Williams could have padlocked himself into a bag in a bath was central.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

Charles Rocket managed to commit suicide by cutting his own throat, so I guess it's possible.  :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on November 13, 2013, 01:54:17 PM
Charles Rocket managed to commit suicide by cutting his own throat, so I guess it's possible.  :)

Putting yourself in a bag and then paddlocking it from the outside strikes me as more Houdini-esque than cutting your own throat.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on November 13, 2013, 01:34:30 PM

They are seriously entertaining the theory he put himself in a bag and padlocked it?  :lol:

QuoteDuring a seven-day inquest in May 2012, the question of whether Mr Williams could have padlocked himself into a bag in a bath was central.
The bad thing about this kind of a story is that you can't even come up with some witty snark comment.  How can you top the actual conclusion?

mongers

Quote from: Malthus on November 13, 2013, 01:34:30 PM

Just wait for the gymnastics the authorities are going to have to perform to explain away, when the former British ambassador to Russia if found hanging upside down from a tree, having apparently performed a blood-eagle on himself.    :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Zanza

Quote from: Malthus on November 13, 2013, 01:34:30 PMThey are seriously entertaining the theory he put himself in a bag and padlocked it?  :lol:
And he did it without his hands as there were no fingerprints found on the lock! Sounds quite plausible.  :bowler:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2013, 08:30:46 AM
Most people (even a lot of educated folks I'd wager) have no idea thats what CV stands for.

It's a goddamned aircraft carrier.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 13, 2013, 06:29:09 PM
Quote from: Tyr on November 13, 2013, 08:30:46 AM
Most people (even a lot of educated folks I'd wager) have no idea thats what CV stands for.

It's a goddamned aircraft carrier.

http://www.starfleetgames.com/documents/Module_MO3.pdf
Three Federation CVA's.
:nerd:
CVA MacArthur
QuoteY181
The Alliance launches Operation Remus: Federation and Kzintis attack Romulans from the west while
Gorns drive from the north. The Kzinti fleet surprises a Romulan fleet at anchor and destroys it.
Reasoning that their mission to guard the flank of the Federation fleet has been fulfilled, and
responding to reports of Klingon attacks on their territory, the Kzintis withdraw without warning,
collapsing an Alliance drive that could have captured the Romulan capital. Facing heavy pressure,
the Gorns are diverted westward and cannot reach Remus. The Federation Fleet reaches Remus
alone; forces of both sides annihilate each other. CVA MacArthur crashes into the planet, rendering
it almost uninhabitable.

CVA Zhukov
QuoteY184
Pleiades Turkey Shoot (SH17). The Klingons launch a massive fighter attack on Federation
Zhukov carrier group
, reasoning that if they can destroy it they can win the war

CVA Napoleon
QuoteY198
Destroyed during the final battle of Operation Unity, battling the Andromedans in the Lesser Magellanic Cloud 

:nerd:

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".