News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 17, 2013, 05:38:18 PM
Did we have endless investigations when terrorists blew up a marines barracks?

*Shrugs* Maybe. I'm watching this IRS issue right now.

Did Ronnie have any issues calling it a Terrorist Attack or bombing?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on May 17, 2013, 05:39:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2013, 05:24:58 PM
The Gipper certainly wouldn't tolerate the bullshit going on in his party washington right now, that's for sure.
Fixed it for ya  :P
True not with the IRS targetting folks and all.

Although, I do find it interesting that you decided to post a pic that's been all the talk of the GOP Twitterverse and High Dame Sarah Palin.  LOLZ ZOMG HES TOO GOOD TO HOLD AN UMBRELLA WITH A VISITING HEAD OF STATE THERE

Poor guy can't catch a break for anything from his haters. Going to go down in history as the presidency's Jackie Robinson.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2013, 05:46:52 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 17, 2013, 05:39:03 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 17, 2013, 05:24:58 PM
The Gipper certainly wouldn't tolerate the bullshit going on in his party washington right now, that's for sure.
Fixed it for ya  :P
True not with the IRS targetting folks and all.

Although, I do find it interesting that you decided to post a pic that's been all the talk of the GOP Twitterverse and High Dame Sarah Palin.  LOLZ ZOMG HES TOO GOOD TO HOLD AN UMBRELLA WITH A VISITING HEAD OF STATE THERE

Poor guy can't catch a break for anything from his haters. Going to go down in history as the presidency's Jackie Robinson.

I dont hate the Prez. I hope none of this comes back to the White House. If it did, it would weaken the office further.

But his I dont know or I just seen this when you all did....etc, aint going to cut it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

MadImmortalMan

It's more embarrassing that the poor Turkish PM had his time wasted while Obama took questions about IRSgate and Benghazigate and shit. Was there nothing related to Turkey they could ask? What about that whole Syria mess that the two of them had probably just spent the day discussing?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

CountDeMoney

Yeah, he was a real hoot.

Ed Anger

A total blast. Literally.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 17, 2013, 06:01:28 PM
It's more embarrassing that the poor Turkish PM had his time wasted while Obama took questions about IRSgate and Benghazigate and shit. Was there nothing related to Turkey they could ask? What about that whole Syria mess that the two of them had probably just spent the day discussing?

The look on dudes face was pricless.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 17, 2013, 06:11:13 PM
Areas DG cannot visit:

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_vault/2013/05/15/cold_war_map_shows_areas_prohibited_to_soviet_travelers_in_the_united_states.html

Some of those are obvious. The Dakotas, Vegas nuke test area, the sub bases in Connecticut, the TVA. I don't get others though. Northern Ohio? Maybe because they make tanks in Lima? Was that a thing in 1955? They made the crawlers for the space shuttles in Bucyrus and Marion too but that has to be later also. Most of Indiana...hmm. Some of these are probably nuclear power plants. But again, how many of those were running then?

Too bad Gully can't see the Grand Canyon.  :console:

MadImmortalMan

There is a counterpart map of the SU for Americans. Would be interesting.

mongers

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 17, 2013, 06:47:38 PM
There is a counterpart map of the SU for Americans. Would be interesting.

It probably had lots of Siberia open to visiting*.   :cool:

* by which I mean, of course it would have been impractical to try and travel through terrain with no roads.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

New throw pillow for Raz!

and the horse you rode in on