News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

:lol: If that is just about as unoriginal as you can get. Ripping off Iron maiden and Star Wars. Let the suits begin.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Strix

Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2013, 10:34:50 PM
My idiot brother is passed out in the bathroom and I'm not allowed to go in there and beat himwake him up. <_<  Useless fucking drunk.

Does he have a job?
"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Syt

Quote from: 11B4V on April 21, 2013, 01:03:38 AM
:lol: If that is just about as unoriginal as you can get. Ripping off Iron maiden and Star Wars. Let the suits begin.
Considering they've been selling products like these for over a while . . .

Look at their previous shirts:

http://www.qwertee.com/product/view/recent/
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on April 21, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 21, 2013, 01:03:38 AM
Considering they've been selling products like these for over a while . . .

Look at their previous shirts:

http://www.qwertee.com/product/view/recent/
I must be getting old. I would wear none of them. :P
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

Well, we have already established that you have a shitty taste in contemporary movies, so . . . .  :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on April 21, 2013, 01:20:07 AM
Well, we have already established that you have a shitty taste in contemporary movies, so . . . .  :P

Oh ye of little faith in Ridley Scott.
Prometheus
7.2/10-IMDb
74%-Rotten Tomatoes
65%- Meta

btw I think you have me confused with Total Recall (2012) loving Yi/Tyr
6.3/10-IMDb
31%-Rotten Tomatoes
45%-Meta

or the Oblivion loving CdM/Berkut.  It's really blazing the numbers too.  :lol:
7.2/10-IMDb
59%-Rotten Tomatoes
55%-meta

I think I'm safe. ;)

Syt

I usually don't judge people's opinions, because they're highly subjective. That said, I think there's only a small overlap between the groups of "Django Unchained sucks" and "Prometheus is awesome". ;)
—Stephen Jay Gould

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on April 21, 2013, 02:04:05 AM
I usually don't judge people's opinions, because they're highly subjective. That said, I think there's only a small overlap between the groups of "Django Unchained sucks" and "Prometheus is awesome". ;)
*Flags on the play*
Multiple Penalties   

Mis-qoute and Genre incompatibility; Five Yards and Reply down

Quote from: 11B4V on October 18, 2012, 11:25:54 AM
Prometheus....jury's still out. There's something there. I need to check out the deleted scenes.

In no way said it was awesome.

Django Unchained is garbage IMO. A Terintino attempt at spaghetti westerns. If I had to recommend a SW it would be one of the big three with a back up called, The Great Silence.

;)

Razgovory

Quote from: Strix on April 21, 2013, 01:06:46 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2013, 10:34:50 PM
My idiot brother is passed out in the bathroom and I'm not allowed to go in there and beat himwake him up. <_<  Useless fucking drunk.

Does he have a job?

Yeah, you'd love him.  He's got a great work ethic.  He just wastes all his cash on booze.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

I've never seen Django, but I have seen the ads, and I'm sure the description "a Tarantino attempt at spaghetti westerns" is very wide of the mark. Every Tarantino movie has had his own stamp of exploitation/low budget action/horror homage and Django looks to be no different.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

11B4V

By all means go see it. You may like it. Django Unchained that is. Django is a different film.

Razgovory

I liked the Spaghetti Westerns, I just dislike Tarentino's smug celebration of extreme and graphic violence.  It's kinda weird, I was cool with it when I was teenager, but when I grew up it became a big turn off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

Decided to clean my windows myself, that shit is strenuous.

Note to self: buy squeegee.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

mongers

Quote from: Liep on April 21, 2013, 08:13:41 AM
Decided to clean my windows myself, that shit is strenuous.

Note to self: buy squeegee.

Damn, now you've reminded me I have to finish what I started the day before yesterday, I have a lost of windows to clean here.  :mad:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"