News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2013, 04:20:37 PM
Only if you read it the South Carolina way(tm).

I thought it was funny. :blurgh:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on March 15, 2013, 04:22:53 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 15, 2013, 04:20:37 PM
Only if you read it the South Carolina way(tm).

I thought it was funny. :blurgh:

People from South Carolina are easily amused.

;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2013, 04:18:22 PM
I'm not sure I know what the point is. :P

QuoteOne thing I've noticed from maps like that, western counties are huge compared to eastern. Probably why when some fruit loop sheriff manages to make the national news, he's usually from the southwest. They have a lot more power and influence.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Phillip V

Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2013, 03:32:17 PM
Ugh... got a low-ball offer from a recruiter today in Tampa.

But then got a cold-call from some company I never heard of saying they can pay me well relative to costs in North Carolina. They will send me an offer letter tomorrow. :hmm:
Damn, the offer letter is already in my inbox; 3 days allowed for acceptance. Gave me the exact *minimum* salary I stated. :( I e-mailed them back asking for relocation assistance of 2 weeks hotel+car.

The Brain

You negotiate the salary in writing?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Phillip V

Quote from: The Brain on March 15, 2013, 04:48:12 PM
You negotiate the salary in writing?
I told salary minimum over the phone, and they put it in the resulting offer letter.

Phillip V

Alright, they came back and will give me a $2k signing bonus to cover relocation. I think I may accept...

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

fhdz

Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2013, 04:38:34 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2013, 03:32:17 PM
Ugh... got a low-ball offer from a recruiter today in Tampa.

But then got a cold-call from some company I never heard of saying they can pay me well relative to costs in North Carolina. They will send me an offer letter tomorrow. :hmm:
Damn, the offer letter is already in my inbox; 3 days allowed for acceptance. Gave me the exact *minimum* salary I stated. :( I e-mailed them back asking for relocation assistance of 2 weeks hotel+car.

That's why you always figure out your minimum and then tell them your minimum's higher.
and the horse you rode in on

CountDeMoney

Quote from: fahdiz on March 15, 2013, 05:15:02 PM
That's why you always figure out your minimum and then tell them your minimum's higher.

And that's how rejection letters are made, Bobby!

Barrister

Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2013, 04:58:07 PM
Alright, they came back and will give me a $2k signing bonus to cover relocation. I think I may accept...

$2k is nothing for relocation unless you're just chucking everything to start anew.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2013, 05:39:45 PM

$2k is nothing for relocation unless you're just chucking everything to start anew.

I don't recall P5's back story saying he's an executive, so he's damned lucky to get what he gets.  Doesn't have to get dick.

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2013, 05:43:05 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2013, 05:39:45 PM

I don't recall P5's back story saying he's an executive, so he's damned lucky to get what he gets.  Doesn't have to get dick.

I'm not saying he should reject it, but he should know that $2k won't cover the move unless he can fit everything he owns inside his vehicle.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 15, 2013, 05:43:05 PM
he's damned lucky to get what he gets.  Doesn't have to get dick.

Barrister