News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 03:13:41 PM
I mean it is Slate. ;)

I thought it was pretty silly, even for Slate.

It even has timmyesque maps!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on November 27, 2012, 03:20:05 PM
Quote from: garbon on November 27, 2012, 03:13:41 PM
I mean it is Slate. ;)

I thought it was pretty silly, even for Slate.

It even has timmyesque maps!

Yeah after I scrolled through it - I agree. Especially given the last map.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Malthus

Okay, this prank is just evil ...  :lol: One of their victims is gonna have a heart attack.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/brazilian-ghost-elevator-prank-075029347.html
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Liep

Wow. That is an evil prank, hilarious, but evil. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

Holy crap, have I got case of gas. Wife already passed out and is on the floor twitching.

Shouldn't have made Tex-Mex. I warned her. I think I'll fart in the twins room.......
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Life has been so incredibly pleasant lately!

I stopped going to one of my classes entirely, so I have an even sillier schedule than I used to. The life of leisure!

I ordered a water heater in order to take my tea MORE SERIOUSLY, because that sort of this is important. I used to be so unhappy during this time of year, dreading going to see my family in Mississippi. Being a free man is so wonderful!

My roommate has gotten into anime lately,and almost nothing troubles me. When I hear social undesirables saying strange things about their tumblr accounts or the word "cisgender" is used, I can just doodle pictures of cats. self-sakoku has been a remarkable success.  I want everyone to be this happy!

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Liep

Ownership of Hans Ø still contested after last nights border negotiation. Greenland ready to declare it common Inuit territory.

I've stopped caring after they decided that any oil that's found on the Danish side belongs to Greenland. Now it's only to annoy Canada.

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

Quote from: Malthus on November 27, 2012, 11:49:58 PM
Okay, this prank is just evil ...  :lol: One of their victims is gonna have a heart attack.

I wonder what some of the less good reactions were.

I'm glad I wasn't there, I have a habit of lashing out when I think I see a ghost. Have hurt my hand several times that way.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

Fuck windows 7. Don't understand this way it organises photos. Some of my old photos have just vanished and my pictures is locked. <_<
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Tyr on November 29, 2012, 03:21:34 AM

I'm glad I wasn't there, I have a habit of lashing out when I think I see a ghost. Have hurt my hand several times that way.

Several times? How often do you see ghosts?

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on November 29, 2012, 03:21:34 AM

Do you often beat little girls for this reason?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

MadImmortalMan

Kimmel exposing Starbucks posers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxlGI4OzeBk

I bet these people all use buy Apple stuff too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers