News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

The Austrian Communist Party KPÖ became second strongest force (20%) in the elections for the city parliament of Styrian capital Graz.

Or, as one commentator on Twitter called it: Stalingraz.

(VP is the conservative ÖVP.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

CountDeMoney

QuoteCity officer accidentally shoots self at police headquarters
Injuries are non-life-threatening; department investigating

A Baltimore police officer was injured at police headquarters on Sunday after a gun the officer was handling during an evening roll call meeting fired, according to Baltimore police.

Emergency responders were called to the rear of the building in the 500 block of E. Baltimore St. downtown shortly after 6 p.m. for the shooting, said Anthony Guglielmi, a police spokesman.

The officer sustained minor, non-life-threatening injuries when the gun discharged, Guglielmi said. The incident is now under investigation, he said.

"We're looking into the circumstances surrounding how and why the gun fired," Guglielmi said.

No further information was immediately available, he said.

I'll tell you how and why;  it was a piece of shit Glock in the hands of a chimp.  Oop, oop.

Ed Anger

QuoteCarla Bruni: A woman's place is in one of her homes

:yes:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on November 26, 2012, 05:13:24 AM
The Austrian Communist Party KPÖ became second strongest force (20%) in the elections for the city parliament of Styrian capital Graz.

Or, as one commentator on Twitter called it: Stalingraz.

(VP is the conservative ÖVP.)
Am I the only one who saw Raz in that picture? :unsure:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

But that's what you were doing!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Rough...

"GOP Maine Chairman- 'Dozens, Dozens Of Black People' Voted"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HuLxp5Dpdo

PDH

Quote from: garbon on November 26, 2012, 09:58:40 AM
But that's what you were doing!

I am old; I am filled with hate.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

PDH

Quote from: garbon on November 26, 2012, 10:07:02 AM
Rough...

"GOP Maine Chairman- 'Dozens, Dozens Of Black People' Voted"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HuLxp5Dpdo

That is from the same guy who said that the Dems were importing college students to study in Maine so they could vote.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Syt

My main email service appears to have dropped off the interwebs from one second to the next. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

Austrian news page Standard reports that Mars Rover "Curiosity" has supposedly made an extraordinary find, but NASA is being tight lipped about it.

Commentary from user: "Probably found the gas for the chain saw from Maniac Mansion."
—Stephen Jay Gould

garbon

USA Today reported the same.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

:lol:  That was a good 'un.