News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuoteA Yonkers man dressed as a clown died Thursday after he collapsed while marching in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, authorities said.
Robert Blasetti, 67, was entertaining a cheerful crowd of people on Sixth Ave. and W. 39th St. when he fell to the ground about 9 a.m. His wife was nearby, also dressed as a clown.
Blasetti was taken to St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital, where he died from cardiac arrest.

Naturally, leave it to the Post to get the sensitive shot.

Yes, it's OK to snicker.  Remember, he was a clown, and it was for entertainment.

Josquius

I feel like shit today, sneezing like crazy. And I'm set to go off on a 3 day trip to Nagoya tomorrow morning. Timing; I suck at it.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Damn, this place is quiet, no one as posted in over an hour; is languish dying.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Josephus

No one's posted an hour since you last posted. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

jimmy olsen

A quick look at the stats says no.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Lettow77

Man, speaking of pure Japanese maidens, my favourite among them says she went to a shrine to pray for my acceptance in the JET program. What can one man do when faced with such reckless displays of delightful behavior?
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

ulmont

Quote from: Lettow77 on November 24, 2012, 11:52:01 PM
Man, speaking of pure Japanese maidens, my favourite among them says she went to a shrine to pray for my acceptance in the JET program. What can one man do when faced with such reckless displays of delightful behavior?

One man?  Quite a lot.  You?  Not so much.

Josquius

where did you put for your placement preferences lettow君?

currently i am engaged in a one man pub crawl across nagoya. i believe this place is scrubbed from my list of what to do next year. car driven cities ftl
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

There's a good 70-80 cubic metres flowing past my place at the moment so this seems appropriate on more than one level:

Peter Gabriel - Here Comes The Flood
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0GcqYGv1AA

PDH

Quote from: mongers on November 25, 2012, 05:10:56 PM
Consumerism FTW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F5qRs2dBoK0

[Raz]That reminds me of the time I went to Walmart and someone wanted the phone I wanted.  I started hitting him eventually two guys in blue smocks and Walmart badges came up.  They asked me what I was doing, and I replied "Black Friday shopping."

They looked at me and said "It is July 17th."[/Raz]
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point