News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2012, 04:47:23 PM
Why isn't there a centralized repository where I can obtain certified copies of criminal charges and convictions?
They probably filled the place to the brim once they wheeled in your records, and just scratched the whole idea.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on January 26, 2012, 09:45:01 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 25, 2012, 03:42:16 PM
A woman asked me today "How open is your marriage?".

I was a bit boggled at first but recovered quickly. Just seems like a strange thing to ask. But I guess times keep on changing.
:secret: She was hitting on you, idiot.

Lesbians don't hit on men.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: The Brain on January 26, 2012, 09:49:51 AM
Quote from: DGuller on January 26, 2012, 09:45:01 AM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 25, 2012, 03:42:16 PM
A woman asked me today "How open is your marriage?".

I was a bit boggled at first but recovered quickly. Just seems like a strange thing to ask. But I guess times keep on changing.
:secret: She was hitting on you, idiot.

Lesbians don't hit on men.

My wife is much more good looking than I am, I admit.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on January 26, 2012, 06:57:29 AM
Your GF's mom or my mom?

Cause my mom's kinda of a rebel.

Your mom if she wasn't a rebel.

Ed Anger

If you kids don't shut up, I'm going to eat one of you.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Your GF's mom or my mom?

Isn't his GF now his Mrs?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on January 26, 2012, 02:35:53 PM
Your GF's mom or my mom?

Isn't his GF now his Mrs?

Yes but not everyone stop calling them girlfriend after.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on January 26, 2012, 09:46:17 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on January 25, 2012, 04:47:23 PM
Why isn't there a centralized repository where I can obtain certified copies of criminal charges and convictions?
They probably filled the place to the brim once they wheeled in your records, and just scratched the whole idea.

Oh lawl.  You know there's only like six things, that stem from three or four incidents, right, and they're all misdemeanors?  And four of them were ten years ago this March?  This is a Languish meme that needs to die.

Quote from: DGShe was hitting on you, idiot.

I think a coworker has been hitting on me, but I can never tell when someone is, or is just being nice.  (Scratch that, when a woman is.  I know when a man is. -_- )  In any event, I find it unlikely.  Guys in their late twenties with a minwage shitjob and few prospects don't ask nines, eight or more years younger than them, out.  (Scratch that, white guys raised middle class and thus possessed of a profound, crippling appreciation of their descent don't.)  Then again, the J.D. might be worth something, because it's easy to lie about my prospects even though they're dismal, because people are ignorant.  Double edged sword, that.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

The rules of attraction operate a little differently in the work place Ide.

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2012, 03:09:08 PM

Elaborate.

I mean, I did come to the realization that there are only two guys there that I would rate as more physically attractive than I am, and I'm probably nicer/smarter and certainly the only one with an advanced degree (my LS buddy = my age + several months, and showing it more, especially in the abdominal region).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

It also occurs to me that's basically how my relationship with Korea started, only substitute five years for eight years.  On the other hand, this chick's a conventional nine, not an Ideologue-has-refined-tastes nine, which would have been Korea when we started non-dating (does it count as a date when your activities revolve solely around working together and fucking in a car? I'd dare say I've never actually dated in my life).
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on January 26, 2012, 03:09:59 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 26, 2012, 03:09:08 PM

Elaborate.

I mean, I did come to the realization that there are only two guys there that I would rate as more physically attractive than I am, and I'm probably nicer/smarter and certainly the only one with an advanced degree (my LS buddy = my age + several months, and showing it more, especially in the abdominal region).

Almost none of which some girl in her early 20s is likely to remotely care about...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Stop worrying about status differentials and that shit. Just go for it.

Self-doubt is okay. Listen to it. Then take it out behind the shed and fucking shoot it. Cripple it before it cripples you. Or something.

Lettow77

It's noble to know your station and restrain yourself. Hierarchy is delightful and a source for stability in this world.

You should repress your ambitions as unbecoming of who you are- the lonely frustration is a poignant and beautiful thing.

When you do this, you will gradually come to realize it is entirely as Dr. Pangloss said.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on January 26, 2012, 03:33:16 PM
Stop worrying about status differentials and that shit. Just go for it.

Self-doubt is okay. Listen to it. Then take it out behind the shed and fucking shoot it. Cripple it before it cripples you. Or something.

Hi, I'm Ideologue.  It's a pleasure to meet you, Jacob.  Are you from Vancouver?  That's so cool.

:P
Kinemalogue