And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Barry O just gave "a major speech" on income inequality and middle class opportunity.  I can't find the text.  Timmy, chop chop.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2011, 06:35:05 PM
Barry O just gave "a major speech" on income inequality and middle class opportunity.  I can't find the text.  Timmy, chop chop.
http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2011/12/06/remarks-president-economy-osawatomie-kansas (Applause.)
Let's bomb Russia!

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

AnchorClanker

Quote from: jimmy olsen on December 06, 2011, 06:47:14 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on December 06, 2011, 06:39:18 PM
(Applause.)
That really annoys you Brits doesn't it. :D

To be fair, there is a tendency to overdo the clapping. (IRL, of course)
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

DGuller

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

That's a lot of sturm and drang for a speech that ends up proposing more spending on education, infrastructure, and R&D.  :huh:

MadImmortalMan

The European crisis has hit Metallica hard. They have to postpone their European touring schedule because they can't sell enough tickets to fill the venues. It's all due to the sovereign debt crisis. Or the fact that they are no longer a good band.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on December 06, 2011, 07:36:55 PM
The European crisis has hit Metallica hard. They have to postpone their European touring schedule because they can't sell enough tickets to fill the venues. It's all due to the sovereign debt crisis. Or the fact that they are no longer a good band.
or due to MP3 PIRACY  :mad:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Wouldn't it be ironic that oo many people downloaded their free concert mp3s and realised that after 3 or 4 songs, it all got rather samey ?  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2011, 07:17:24 PM
That's a lot of sturm and drang for a speech that ends up proposing more spending on education, infrastructure, and R&D.  :huh:

We know things are bad.  Worse than bad.  They're crazy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Once again I must lament my big web development knowledge gaps. I've a really great idea for a website but no idea where to even start. So it shall never be. Le sigh.
██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Quote from: Caliga on December 06, 2011, 08:12:23 PM
or due to MP3 PIRACY  :mad:

But that shouldn't affect ticket sales. I blame it on Lou Reed.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2011, 07:17:24 PM

Why does this confuse you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017