News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zoupa

Quote from: Neil on September 28, 2011, 10:38:16 PM
That looks lik 4th edition.  You know, in a less enlightened age, you would be beaten for a faux-pas this serious.

3rd edition was decent, 4th is just retarded. I grew up playing advanced 2nd, which to me remains the standard.

jimmy olsen

That looks lik 4th edition.  You know, in a less enlightened age, you would be beaten for a faux-pas this serious.
3.5 forever!
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

I played baseball for the first time today.
I was caught out right away.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Fucking awesome! :o

http://www.natehallinan.com/gallery/Smurf/Smurf.html

QuoteThe Smurf is actually the result of a symbiotic relationship
between two organisms. We believe that Smurfs put their
'embryos' in the button of a developing mushroom. From a
distance, Smurfs seem like they are wearing a hat and pants
but as you can see this is a fallacy. The fungus provides
camouflage and protective epidermal layers for the creature,
while the creature provides nutrients and mobility for the
spreading of spores.

Smurfs are believed to be a hunter gatherer society. As
you can see, this little guy is returning from a successful
venture. It is generally difficult to spot a Smurf; they
are very apprehensive and cunning. Sadly though, it is
rumored that they are hunted for their medicinal properties.
It's hard to determine but it is thought that there are
not many colonies of Smurf left.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 28, 2011, 11:07:52 PM
Haha just watched the Braves and Red Sox get knocked out of the playoffs.   :nelson:  Watched the Orioles hit the game winning single in the bottom of the 9th, changed channels and boom Longoria home run to knock THA SAWKS out of the playoffs and send Tampa to play the Rangers.  Glorious.

On behalf of Mobtown, you're welcome.

Neil

Quote from: Zoupa on September 29, 2011, 12:50:55 AM
3rd edition was decent, 4th is just retarded. I grew up playing advanced 2nd, which to me remains the standard.
Yeah, 2nd was standard but there were things I liked about 3rd too.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Larch

Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2011, 07:25:14 AM

I liked 3rd much much more than 2nd. IMO 2nd might have been *the* system, but it had many flaws that were overlooked precisely because of its status as the main RPG system for a very long time.

Neil

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2011, 07:54:56 AM
I liked 3rd much much more than 2nd. IMO 2nd might have been *the* system, but it had many flaws that were overlooked precisely because of its status as the main RPG system for a very long time.
I wasn't loving some of the feats in 3rd, and the prestige class overkill that came in later on was sort of Rifts-esque.  But absolutely loved the skill system and that they made clerics playable at any level.  The simplified combat was a wash for me, as I had no problem with the old AC system and THAC0.  The multiclass thing was also handled much better than 2nd edition.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Barrister

:rolleyes: at all of you.

The true D&D didn't have a version number.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

And WTF - I'm sitting on the train coming to work, minding my own business, when my nose starts to bleed! :bleeding:

I quickly dig out a tissue, and the bleeding stops within a minute, but now I have a small but noticeable blood stain on my tie. <_<

The Larch

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

D&D's system was atrocious. There's a reason why it was phased out.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 08:29:26 AM
And WTF - I'm sitting on the train coming to work, minding my own business, when my nose starts to bleed! :bleeding:

I quickly dig out a tissue, and the bleeding stops within a minute, but now I have a small but noticeable blood stain on my tie. <_<

Veins went boom!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 08:29:26 AM

Hey, as a prosecutior, I'm sure you can turn bloodstains on your tie into a professional asset.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

ulmont

Quote from: Neil on September 29, 2011, 08:27:50 AMThe multiclass thing was also handled much better than 2nd edition.

Unless you wanted a multiclass spellcaster, in which case the only solution was those hacked-in prestige classes.

Barrister

Quote from: The Larch on September 29, 2011, 08:31:23 AM
Quote from: Barrister on September 29, 2011, 08:28:23 AM

D&D's system was atrocious. There's a reason why it was phased out.

Adds The Larch to the list.