News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football 2015

Started by grumbler, April 12, 2015, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Correction: only true freshman quarterback.

sbr

Oregon probably just knocked the Pac-12 out of the National Playoffs, but I'll take the win against Stanford.  :showoff:

grumbler

Quote from: sbr on November 14, 2015, 11:03:12 PM
Oregon probably just knocked the Pac-12 out of the National Playoffs, but I'll take the win against Stanford.  :showoff:

Yeah, that probably helped out Michigan a lot (along with the win by the Fighting Berkuts).  Odds against Michigan in the playoffs are still probably about 30:1 (MSU must lose to OSU and then OSU lose to UM, Notre Dame must lose, and Michigan must win out and look like the best 2-loss team).  Unless the Big 12 cannibalizes itself, I see the fourth spot going to the B10 champ if it's not Michigan, but, if M wins the Big 10, then it's between them and a two-loss ND (a one-loss ND will clearly be the better choice).

I think that I don't want Michigan to play in the championship.  They aren't good enough on offense, and their defense is so crippled by injury that they are a shadow of their earlier selves.  I think that it would be better for team-building and recruiting to end the season with a competitive bowl than a blowout loss in the championship series.  So, I want UM to win the B10 but get passed over for the tournament.

I do appreciate the efforts of Oregon and Arizona to open the way for Michigan, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Berkut

I am just glad the Cats finally got a freaking win.

They still are a mess though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

grumbler

Reason #65,768 why I love having Harbaugh as our coach:  this exchange in today's presser:

QuoteQ: You mentioned the run game. The last three games, teams have had a little more success running the football on you than they have previously. Is there something you've seen from your group that you want to change immediately? Something other teams are starting to pick up on?

JH: "We're looking at it. We're looking at all those ways. We have some ideas, but why say them to you? Tell you and you're liable to go tell somebody else, so will probably will just keep that to ourselves. That'd be the best course of action."

And the philosopher-king exchange:
QuoteQ: Some of the guys said a couple weeks ago that you told them the rest of the way has to be a playoff-like mentality, a playoff-like attitude after that Michigan State loss. What does that mean when you say that?

JH: "Well, I mean, I just think back to any playoff situation that you've ever been in or that you know about, your own experience. I can draw on coaching teams in playoffs, being in playoffs as a player. When we were young and living over on Anderson Street in the summer we'd all get together in the morning and go play basketball at Pattengill Elementary School. Concrete basketball floor, two rims with the chains as the nets. You picked your team and you started playing. The team that won got to play the next game. If you lost you had to go to the side and pick a new team, and the goal was to play all the way to lunch. Didn't want to miss any games. To me, that's what- when you're in playoff situations you're going to play more games if you win. If you don't win then you've got to watch. We're in that kind of situation. If you win you get to keep playing after the next two games. If we don't, we don't; we watch. So...that's it. Facts are stubborn things."

Q: Lunch would be Indianapolis?

JH: "Lunch...what?"

Q: You said play to lunch.

JH: "Yeah."

Q: What's lunch for you?

JH: "Yeah, that would be having the opportunity to play in the championship game and the playoffs. Playoff situation, it's limited. It's limited in college football. Really, they have a four team playoff with a national championship, which is unlike any other sport in college athletics that I'm aware of, but at least we have one. Have it on a limited basis. I-AA subdivision, they have a 16-team playoff. I think if you looked at basketball, hockey, all the other sports in college, there's a playoff. So yeah, I personally love the playoff-type of situation and atmosphere. If you win you get to keep playing, you know."

Q: Unlike the Pattengill playground, you need someone else to win on the other court. Are you going to be rooting for Ohio State to beat Michigan State?

JH: "There was only one court at Pattengill."
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadImmortalMan

Sparty defense looking really good today.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

sbr

katmai

Oregon St is very young, and isn't very good.
UDub up 28-0 in 1st quarter.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

katmai

35-0  now, let's see if Huskies can do better this weekend and not fuck it up in 2nd half.

katmai

Eddie Teach

Georgia wins in OT against Georgia Southern. So Desmond Howard's got egg all over his face right now.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

The SEC takes criticism every year about scheduling the week before rivalry week, but look at some of the OOC matchups this week:

The Citadel 23
South Carolina 22

Georgia over Georgia Southern in OT.

Florida over FAU in OT.

Three super competitive and nail biting outcomes. Proof that SEC schedules better than anyone else.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

katmai

Yeah, that's what it shows....