News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Young People and Politics

Started by Jacob, May 29, 2024, 03:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipwich

Quote from: grumbler on June 10, 2024, 01:38:34 PM
Quote from: chipwich on June 10, 2024, 12:38:14 PMWhile I should not have used quotation marks when not directly quoting someone, The Toronto sun did not suggest that cervix is being replaced, so Tamas was not deceived. Pinknews and Garbon deceived Tamas by claiming that the Sun was being deceptive.

No one claimed that cervix was being replaced, and no one claimed that the Toronto Sun made that claim.  The Sun lied about claim the Jo Trust was "apologizing for using the term 'cervix'" so Thomas was deceived by the Sun article and your reference to it. 

I'd argue that the Sun was also being deceptive by citing "social media" reactions as entirely negative (if moronic) by using three examples, all of which were negative.  I understand that the Sun does not really care about being a reliable news outlet any more than Fox News, but even they should have some sense of shame about posting dishonest shit like that.

Pinknews did not name the Toronto Sun and it is not necessary to do so for Pinknews to have been deceptive. Pinknews made a false dichotomy and it was convincing enough for Tamas to say that he had been duped.

grumbler

Quote from: chipwich on June 10, 2024, 01:47:31 PMPinknews did not name the Toronto Sun and it is not necessary to do so for Pinknews to have been deceptive. Pinknews made a false dichotomy and it was convincing enough for Tamas to say that he had been duped.

I hadn't caught that the Pinknews response was to the absurd article in the Daily News rather than the Toronto Sun (which is what you were referring to originally).  Tamas wouldn't have paid the slightest heed to anything in the Daily News, so no danger that he would have been duped from that.  He was duped by the absurd article in the Toronto Sun, because he isn't familiar with the Sun and thus presumably mistook it for an actual newspaper.

I have no idea what "false dichotomy" you believe the Pinknews article made.  I suspect, though, that it does not exist except in your mind.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

chipwich

Pinknews headline: No, a cancer charity isn't telling medical professionals to rebrand all vaginas as bonus holes

Neither the Sun or Mail claimed the cervix is being rebranded. That is dishonest.

Valmy

Quote from: chipwich on June 10, 2024, 02:09:29 PMPinknews headline: No, a cancer charity isn't telling medical professionals to rebrand all vaginas as bonus holes

Neither the Sun or Mail claimed the cervix is being rebranded. That is dishonest.

Well then where is all the tyranny you were supposed to be providing evidence of beyond "be nice to trans people?"

You intorduced the whole fake issue. Don't whine and bitch at us. Oh and calling everybody a liar because clearly everybody who doesn't see things your way is of bad intent or something.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

chipwich

Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2024, 02:43:02 PM
Quote from: chipwich on June 10, 2024, 02:09:29 PMPinknews headline: No, a cancer charity isn't telling medical professionals to rebrand all vaginas as bonus holes

Well then where is all the tyranny you were supposed to be providing evidence of beyond "be nice to trans people?"

You intorduced the whole fake issue. Don't whine and bitch at us. Oh and calling everybody a liar because clearly everybody who doesn't see things your way is of bad intent or something.

I have provided evidence that deranged tans activists are capturing the medical community and instigating them to use misogynistic language.

chipwich

People can see things like the intimidation campaign against JK Rowling and Jordan Peterson, the Scottish hate crime law, the firing of Maya Forester, the University of Cincinnati student who received an F for using the term "biological women", the use of they as a singular, the fraudulent idea that sex and gender are not synonyms, the gay community support for Hamas, and see that the gay community has betrayed our civilization.

If you don't believe me you can keep scratching your thick monkey craniums wondering why zoomers have dropped support for gay marriage by 11%. When I was debating this issue here during the Bush era I never thought that would ever happen.

Josquius

:lmfao:
It's the anti trans people who insist on gender and sex as wildly different concepts.

And gays support Hamas now? Are you sure you don't mean hummus?
██████
██████
██████

chipwich

Noted right-wing AM radio station Planned Parenthood:

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn/teens/all-about-sex-gender-and-gender-identity

QuoteAll About Sex, Gender, and Gender Identity

In This Section
All About Sex, Gender, and Gender Identity
What do transgender and cisgender mean?
What does intersex mean?
Sex, gender, and gender identity are all related, but different parts of who you are. For lots of people sex, gender, and gender identity line up. But not for everyone.

What's the difference between sex and gender?
It's pretty easy to confuse biological sex (sometimes called "sex assigned at birth") with gender and gender identity. They're related, but different.

Sex is a label that's usually first given by a doctor based upon the genes, hormones, and body parts (like genitals) you're born with. It goes on your birth certificate and describes your body as female or male. Some people's sex doesn't fit into male or female, called intersex.

Gender is how society thinks we should look, think, and act as girls and women and boys and men. Each culture has beliefs and informal rules about how people should act based on their gender. For example, many cultures expect and encourage men to be more aggressive than women.

Gender identity is how you feel inside and how you show your gender through clothing, behavior, and personal appearance. It's a feeling that begins early in life.

I'd call you a liar but most of Languish has already caught on to you.

Josquius

This says nothing about the fact that transphobes are really keen on pushing sex and gender as different concepts to let them discriminate against trans women whilst still officially counting them as women and not being the baddies.

It's far more often from a pro trans perspective that I see opposition to this standard modern definition given sex isn't the simple binary some like to pretend it is.

You're not lying there. You're just throwing out non sequiturs.

Seriously. Whatever happened to live and let live? How the hell is it hurting you if we just treat trans folk with respect?
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Only people I know in real life this mad are closet cases. So, I wish you the best in that regard, I guess.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on June 10, 2024, 03:53:23 PMThis says nothing about the fact that transphobes are really keen on pushing sex and gender as different concepts to let them discriminate against trans women whilst still officially counting them as women and not being the baddies.

It's far more often from a pro trans perspective that I see opposition to this standard modern definition given sex isn't the simple binary some like to pretend it is.

You're not lying there. You're just throwing out no sequiturs.

I don't know what to tell you Jos - the whole "sex is separate from gender" is something I entirely see coming from the pro-trans side.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

I do feel like we have hit the high-water mark of the extreme pro-trans/anti-women movement, and hopefully we can still hit on a sweet spot where we are still kind and respectful to trans people (including using their pronouns) while still respecting certain women-only spaces.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2024, 03:54:53 PM
Quote from: Josquius on June 10, 2024, 03:53:23 PMThis says nothing about the fact that transphobes are really keen on pushing sex and gender as different concepts to let them discriminate against trans women whilst still officially counting them as women and not being the baddies.

You're not lying there. You're just throwing out no sequiturs.

I don't know what to tell you Jos - the whole "sex is separate from gender" is something I entirely see coming from the pro-trans side.

Would stand to reason conservative sources would like to present progressives as the ones pushing something irrational.

The history of the terms seperating does come more from a progressive space but in the modern day I see it all the time for transphobes.

Look to the recent fuss in Scotland. The anti trans folk were really keen on this whole idea they should be able to discriminate on sex with trans people only being able to change their gender and kept as this seperate second class version of women who can't actually do anything women do.
██████
██████
██████

chipwich

Quote from: Barrister on June 10, 2024, 03:56:58 PMI do feel like we have hit the high-water mark of the extreme pro-trans/anti-women movement, and hopefully we can still hit on a sweet spot where we are still kind and respectful to trans people (including using their pronouns) while still respecting certain women-only spaces.

Not if people believe the Garbons and Valmys of the world who keep telling us there's no trouble in paradise.

grumbler

Quote from: chipwich on June 10, 2024, 03:26:21 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 10, 2024, 02:43:02 PMWell then where is all the tyranny you were supposed to be providing evidence of beyond "be nice to trans people?"

I have provided evidence that deranged tans activists are capturing the medical community and instigating them to use misogynistic language.

:lmfao:   No, only in your own deranged mind have you done so.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!