Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2023, 01:15:28 PMIf he really were on that plane, then I'm just even more dumfounded as to why he felt safe being in Russia.  I know Russia can get you anywhere, but surely it's a whole lot easier and foolproof to get you in Russia.  If he weren't on the plane, though, then it has to be an all out war between him and Putin now.

Yeah pretty much. It's a bit of a headscratcher.

Caliga

Quote from: HVC on August 23, 2023, 01:20:39 PMPlane depressurized after he tripped out of the cockpit window :yes:
Everyone and everything in Russia so clumsy.  What a country!
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

PDH

Really, Russia should not have prioritized shooting down passenger aircraft and instead made systems capable of hitting a cobbled together drone flying at 62 kph with an old lawn mower engine.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 23, 2023, 11:05:51 AM
Quote from: grumbler on August 22, 2023, 11:56:12 AMI'm somewhat dubious about this picture.  For the plane to be flaming like that, it would have had to be fueled, which it normally wouldn't be if it was just sitting in its revetment. The Ukrainians could just have gotten lucky and hit a plane being prepped for a mission, though.

Apparently 'British Military Intelligence' have confirmed it as a real.

Later reports that it was a short-range drone make it more credible that the Ukrainians had eyeballs on target and just waited until the jet was gassed up before attacking.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Josquius

What is interesting about the assassination is that they didn't even try the "woops fell out of a window" bit. It was full on, there's his plane, shoot it with our military. No pretending even in the lazy Russian manner.
██████
██████
██████

Josquius

You cannot see attachments on this board.
██████
██████
██████

Sheilbh

Quote from: Josquius on August 23, 2023, 02:46:22 PMWhat is interesting about the assassination is that they didn't even try the "woops fell out of a window" bit. It was full on, there's his plane, shoot it with our military. No pretending even in the lazy Russian manner.
This is when we discover it's the French taking revenge for his nonsense in the Sahel.
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 23, 2023, 03:52:49 PMThis is when we discover it's the French taking revenge for his nonsense in the Sahel.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Wagner operations in Africa and elsewhere. Is there an obvious heir inside Wagner? Will a competing courtier take it all over? Will the pieces be split up between several actors? Will Wagner lose some focus and skill or will operations continue uninterrupted?

DGuller

There was one obvious heir, but he was on the same plane.  :hmm:

Jacob

What's that Chechen guy and his tik-tok warriors up to these days?

Not that I'm suggesing he's the heir, this just reminded me.

mongers

My guess would be a helicopter crash in Africa, on my way out I'd just seen a news strapline saying Prizgoshin was dead and I've not read this thread either.

edit:
OK it wasn't, but he was flying in broad daylight across Western Russia.

I wonder if they'll bother to make a fake enquiry that concludes it was a mechanical accident?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2023, 04:04:52 PMThere was one obvious heir, but he was on the same plane.  :hmm:

I don't know who you're talking about, but maybe there's no point learning about the guy now he's dead.

Jacob

Quote from: mongers on August 23, 2023, 04:08:14 PMMy guess would be a helicopter crash in Africa, on my way out I'd just seen a news strapline saying Prizgoshin was dead and I've not read this thread either.

Alright, let us know when you've read the thread :hug:

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Jacob on August 23, 2023, 04:08:44 PM
Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2023, 04:04:52 PMThere was one obvious heir, but he was on the same plane.  :hmm:

I don't know who you're talking about, but maybe there's no point learning about the guy now he's dead.

I think he's talking about the Nazi guy? The one with all the swastikas and ss-runes tattooed on him?
It's the first actualy denazification the Russians have done in this war.