Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Quote from: The Brain on August 20, 2023, 02:12:14 PMPutin's moon missile hit its target I hear.

Apparently India's missile failed to detonate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Apparently a high tech Russian helicopter decided to land at a ukrainian air field - the pilots wanted out and earned some cash from the delivery.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 22, 2023, 11:56:12 AMI'm somewhat dubious about this picture.  For the plane to be flaming like that, it would have had to be fueled, which it normally wouldn't be if it was just sitting in its revetment. The Ukrainians could just have gotten lucky and hit a plane being prepped for a mission, though.

Apparently 'British Military Intelligence' have confirmed it as a real.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Prigozhin's private jet was apparently shot down by Russian air defense in Tver. Chatter is Priggy was on board. Grain of salt and all that. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Razgovory

Cnn is reporting that Prigozhin's plane went down.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Crazy_Ivan80

Legbiter

Should have gone into Moscow when he had the chance.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Sheilbh

Who among us, from time to time, has not been minded to kill the caterer?

Find it mad that he was still flying in Russia.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Jacob

Stolen from the internet:

QuoteOne of the Russian Ambassadors comes to President Putin and nervously tells him he'd like to resign.

"Why?" Putin asks him

"Ah, Mr. President, I can't find myself with these time differences! I fly to another city, call home and everyone is asleep, I last woke you up at 4 in the morning, but I thought it was only evening, I call Angela Merkel to congratulate her on her birthday and she tells me she had it yesterday, I wish the Chinese President a happy New Year, and he says it will be tomorrow."

"Well, these are just minor inconveniences!" says Putin.

"You know Prizhozins plane? I called the media to express my condolences, but the plane hadn't taken off yet.

DGuller

If he really were on that plane, then I'm just even more dumfounded as to why he felt safe being in Russia.  I know Russia can get you anywhere, but surely it's a whole lot easier and foolproof to get you in Russia.  If he weren't on the plane, though, then it has to be an all out war between him and Putin now.

Caliga

Quote from: Legbiter on August 23, 2023, 12:13:38 PMPrigozhin's private jet was apparently shot down by Russian air defense in Tver. Chatter is Priggy was on board. Grain of salt and all that. :hmm:
I'm sure it just fell out of a window by mistake. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Quote from: DGuller on August 23, 2023, 01:15:28 PMIf he really were on that plane, then I'm just even more dumfounded as to why he felt safe being in Russia.  I know Russia can get you anywhere, but surely it's a whole lot easier and foolproof to get you in Russia.  If he weren't on the plane, though, then it has to be an all out war between him and Putin now.

Even if he wasn't on the plane what could he do now?

I guess the next hotdog vendor turned coup instigator won't stop before he reaches Moscow.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

HVC

Quote from: Caliga on August 23, 2023, 01:18:12 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on August 23, 2023, 12:13:38 PMPrigozhin's private jet was apparently shot down by Russian air defense in Tver. Chatter is Priggy was on board. Grain of salt and all that. :hmm:
I'm sure it just fell out of a window by mistake. :)

Plane depressurized after he tripped out of the cockpit window :yes: