Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2023, 03:36:15 PM
Quote from: Josquius on April 29, 2023, 11:56:00 AMUkraine is running short on anti air missiles. Maybe Russia is too due to all the problems of corruption, crap storage, etc... We've seen?

Has Russia developed missile interceptors?  I haven't read anything about that.

They have them (SA-15, for example) but they necessarily trade off range for speed and maneuverability. They are pretty much limited to the defense of nearby assets (which is true of just about every land-portable SAM system) when engaging incoming missiles.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Hamilcar on April 29, 2023, 05:38:02 AMSevastopol fuel storage got hit by Ukrainian drones.

I guess Russia doesn't have any air defense?

They believe the best defense is a poor offense.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Admiral Yi

jimmy olsen

US believes that the Russians have had 20,000 KIA and 80,000 WIA in Ukraine since December.

Nearly half of the dead are believed to be Wagner mercenaries killed in the Battle of Bakhmut.

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1653144178019147779
Quote from: Shashank Joshi@shashjJohn Kirby caused a lot of confusion with his remarks today.  To clarify: he did not say Russia had suffered 20k killed in Bakhmut since Dec, as was originally reported. He said (👇🏽) that was figure across all fronts, but half was Wagner & most of Wagner was convicts in Bakhmut.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PJL

If Russian 'scum of the earth' have bourne the brunt of the fighting in Ukraine recently, I don't think Putin is going to lose too much sleep over it l.

Tamas

Quote from: PJL on May 02, 2023, 07:19:05 AMIf Russian 'scum of the earth' have bourne the brunt of the fighting in Ukraine recently, I don't think Putin is going to lose too much sleep over it l.

Neither will his subjects.

Josquius

I honestly expect a lot of folk of a certain persuasion in western countries see this as a brilliant solution to crime and punishment.
Putin I suppose sees them as freebies. 10 dead Russians for one Ukrainian is an OK ratio when these Russians are otherwise a negative.

I think the total number of prisoners recruited was 50k or thereabouts? Hopefully they're not making too big of a amount of the total.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 01, 2023, 12:40:21 PMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i14T6w4iQXY

McCarthy tells Russian reporter to fuck off.  :)

The Russians seem to think the Republicans are all for stopping aid to Ukraine just because the fringe nutters do. Kind of an odd assumption after the recent House vote.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

It was a good assumption until Tucker got fired. The paradigm has changed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Two Ukrainian (?) drones shot down over Kremlin.  :hmm:

Maladict

Drone attack on the Kremlin. Don't know if this is a good idea, if it's really the Ukrainians doing it

Tamas

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Zelensky popped up in Finland. All the Nordic PMs are there as well.

Legbiter