Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on February 16, 2023, 11:18:39 AMMy guess is a bigger demographic impact is the # of Russian men who have emigrated and probably won't ever return in order to avoid this.

And even if they wanted to, the Russian State has pretty much declared them all traitors. Hundreds of thousands of them are now pretty much stuck in exile indefinitely.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tamas

I guess it really isn't newsworthy anymore, but a 58 years old lady, Marina Yankina, head of the financial department at the Russian ministry of defense, fell out of a window and died.

Rex Francorum

Another one who dies by felling out of the window? Russian windows are dangerous...
To rent

Valmy

Quote from: Rex Francorum on February 17, 2023, 02:14:39 PMAnother one who dies by felling out of the window? Russian windows are dangerous...

Obviously faulty construction, every window is a death trap. And we thought corruption was bad in the Russian military.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: Sheilbh on February 16, 2023, 07:31:46 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 16, 2023, 07:12:54 AMImo, the French are shady because of historical friendship with Russia. France and it's presidents always want to be the leaders of Europe and having Russia has a counter balance to Germany can serve that purpose.

Also, for some reason, Macron didn't want to humiliate Putin. Europe's elite is so charmed by Putin. The Germans, Berlusconi, the Swiss, the list goes on.
That may be it - Macron's statements are a lot better than they were but he still always feels the need to remind people that after the war Russia will still be there. It's like a long lingering echo of "Europe from the Atlantic to the Urals".

But from everything I've read even though they don't confirm what they're sending, France is a very important supporter of Ukraine materially. [/b]

Yes, they've sent weapons like the 120mm mortars the Ukranians are now making good use of; very useful infantry weapon in the fighting in and around urban areas that we're seeing in Easter Ukraine.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Valmy on February 17, 2023, 02:18:46 PM
Quote from: Rex Francorum on February 17, 2023, 02:14:39 PMAnother one who dies by felling out of the window? Russian windows are dangerous...

Obviously faulty construction, every window is a death trap. And we thought corruption was bad in the Russian military.

I wonder if Russians will start building houses without windows now...

Josquius

If I was an oligarch I'd certainly be living in a splendid bungalow.
Or would that be too obviously poking fun at what happens meaning it's inevitable proof that you can die from a fall of any height is created.
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on February 17, 2023, 04:18:11 AMI guess it really isn't newsworthy anymore, but a 58 years old lady, Marina Yankina, head of the financial department at the Russian ministry of defense, fell out of a window and died.

Unlucky.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

mongers

The BBC are repoting the Wagner group has suffered 30,000 casualties of the 40,000 convicts they 'recruited'. :hmm:

edit:
Details here:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-64685428

QuoteUkraine War: Over 30,000 Wagner fighters injured or killed in Ukraine, says US

Over 30,000 mercenaries fighting for the Russian paramilitary Wagner Group have been killed or injured since the Ukraine war began, US officials say.

White House spokesman John Kirby said the group had suffered significant losses in recent weeks, with about 9,000 fighters killed in action.

Wagner has recruited heavily in Russian prisons, and Mr Kirby said most casualties were untrained convicts.

Despite the casualties, Wagner has made gains around the city of Bakhmut.

Some of the fiercest fighting of the war has taken place around the eastern city, with Wagner mercenaries heavily involved in Russian efforts to capture it.

Ukrainian troops say Wagner fighters had been sent into attacks in large numbers over open ground, and a Ukrainian army spokesperson said Moscow had failed to evacuate wounded and dead soldiers - leading to "places where their bodies are just piled up".

Graves of Russian Wagner fighters in a village in Krasnodar region, south-western Russia
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Legbiter

Let them grind themselves out, culminate and then counterattack in spring/early summer. :hmm:

Legbiter

Incredible footage from around Svatove. https://litter.catbox.moe/0sx1hz.mp4

Vasilli, the faithful squire... :ccr

DGuller

What a nightmare fuel.  Seems like their foxhole is literally just about to be overrun.  I hope the video didn't come from the Russian side.

Legbiter

Both survived. The way he kept pulling out stuff I half-expected him to pull out a large cartoon mallet there at the end.

Jacob

DGuller

That DPR dude he shot in the side after about 1 minute mark had to be like 10 meters away at most, right?