News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

TV/Movies Megathread

Started by Eddie Teach, March 06, 2011, 09:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Wagtaros

Cobra-Kai.  Its been good, but the characters are just so dense that I feel embarrassed on their behalf, if that makes sense.

Reservation Dogs continues to be good.
PDH!

Duque de Bragança

Das Boot the mini-series on blu-ray, endlich!

Révision de classiques.

Crazy_Ivan80

Watched Battle: Los Angeles yesterday.
Didn't do so back when it came out cause it seemed rather boring, but I've got to say I was pleasantly surprised.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 11, 2022, 05:04:57 AMDas Boot the mini-series on blu-ray, endlich!

Révision de classiques.
For a second I thought it was some parodyof Das Boat.
PDH!

Threviel

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on September 11, 2022, 10:29:03 AM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 11, 2022, 05:04:57 AMDas Boot the mini-series on blu-ray, endlich!

Révision de classiques.

It is a parody.

Maladict

Quote from: Threviel on September 11, 2022, 12:04:05 PM

Révision de classiques.

It is a parody.

The original Das Boot was released as a mini series as well.

Threviel

Quote from: Maladict on September 11, 2022, 01:47:01 PM

Révision de classiques.

It is a parody.

Oops, I thought it was the new silly one.

Admiral Yi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1GlTNQQf3A

Most people know that in Goodfellas the actress playing Joe Pesci's mom is Scorsese's mom.  What I didn't know is that the guy making sauce in prison is his dad.

celedhring

Glass Onion's got screened at TIFF and the reviews are pretty great :w00t:

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/glass-onion-a-knives-out-mystery?ref=hp

This might be my most awaited film of the rest of the year  :blush:

(Well, outside of Triangle of Sadness)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Maladict on September 11, 2022, 01:47:01 PM

Révision de classiques.

It is a parody.

Actually, the original series was the mini-series on German TV.
Then after the huge success on TV, a movie out ot these six episodes made it to the cinemas, a theatrical cut of 149:08 minutes, followed later on by a Director's Cut of 208:08 minutes.

Mini-series is 308 or so minutes (25 fps as per PAL TV vs the 24 fps of cinema).

Syt

I think you have it wrong.

The movie came out in 1981 (released on VHS in 1982). A series version was broadcast first on BBC in 1984, then in 1986 on German TV in 3 parts (2x 105, 1x 98 minutes). In 1987 it was broadcast in Germany as 6 part series (with episode recaps/previews bookending each episode, making each 52 minutes). This version also adds Lt. Werner "diary style" voice overs (I'm very sure this is the version I watched first when it aired at the time, or at least the one I remember the most - I might have watched the other broadcasts, too). 1997 was the Director's Cut, which was the original movie with extra scenes from the series, also released as 2010 blu ray.

The 6-part series was released on DVD series in 2004, but removed the "bookends" that chains the episodes without titles or bookends of the broadcast.

And the 2014 blue ray release has the 6 episodes as broadcast in 1987, i.e. with the bookends etc. (Which is also, I think, the version you get on Netflix etc.)
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

This series has maybe seen more edits and recuts than Blade Runner at this point. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

The It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia episode where the two Austrian guys are staying with Frank and Charlie ... I was a bit worried, because usually in such cases you either get guys with generic German accent, or someone not-German doing a German accent.

Now, they did a lot better than most shows in that regard. The young guy was born in Russia, grew up in Italy and went to the US later, kinda what you'd expect. But I did a double take when he asked on Frank's behalf what he's doing with the spoon. Yes, it sounds generic German, but the way he pronounced Löffel and Vater (Fåda) sounded fairly Austrian which made me do a double take.

And of course the old guy says "'s is mein Zechenkratzlöffel" (it's my toe scratching spoon) with a genuine Austrian accent (because it's an Austrian actor) which made me happier than it should have. :lol:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

(Both accounts have been suspended by Twitter, it appears)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

wokecels, that's a new one, nice attempt to get the sting out of incel, which this guy probably is.