Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

For those interested in the specs, Tank Museum has a video about a Dutch model of the Gepard, with footage from 80s Bundeswehr edited in:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Zanza on April 26, 2022, 12:40:23 PM
Quote from: celedhring on April 26, 2022, 12:31:15 PMAre SPAAGs still a thing?  :hmm:

Ah well, doesn't look like the Russians have many standoff munitions so they may notch some kills.
The Russians seem to fly low and have few smart bombs. The Gepard seems to be a reasonable counter for that.

Probably also still good against helicopters.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: The Larch on April 26, 2022, 12:13:35 PMYour tax dollars at work.  :P

QuoteRussian state TV says it has discovered an "organisation of gays and lesbians" in a building in Mariupol where Ukrainian "nationalist battalions" had been based

It was apparently "funded by USAID" and "virtually under the patronage of the US President and Congress"

https://twitter.com/francska1/status/1518916591299309569
:XD:

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Brain

I haven't played Sims 3. Is it true that the game makes you a Nazi assassin?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: The Brain on April 26, 2022, 01:41:43 PMI haven't played Sims 3. Is it true that the game makes you a Nazi assassin?

At most as Nasi assassin. But only if you take order from Goreng

DGuller

Looks like Rand Paul was feeling butthurt that Schroeder was taking all the attention for being a fifth columnist, and made a strong play today.  I can't think of a more reliable asset for Russian than Rand Paul, he consistently brings to the Senate the same talking points that are distributed by Kremlinbots on social media.

I think I've said it before, but I wouldn't be surprised if both Pauls were Kremlin assets for a long, long time.  There just seem to be too many connections going back a long time to Russian disinformation assets.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2022, 12:06:40 PMSeems such a paltry payout for basically betraying one's country and Western principles in general.

I'd say the opposite. Right around the amount of money where I'd be willing to sell me soul out.

Admiral Yi

Eddie Teach

If you're not willing to sell out for a million a year, would you ever?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

870,000 dollars a year would enough to sell out.  At my current revenue stream I would get that about of money in... 131 years.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

What I don't get is that these are people who are generally already relatively rich and successful. They aren't selling out in order to get enough to live on or something like that.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Zanza

Some details on the technical dependency on dual use Western electronics for Russian weapons. The sanctions will bite, but they will try to get it via third countries.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shashj/status/1519043232847511552

The Brain

Croatia's president supports Putin against NATO membership for Sweden and Finland. But my understanding is that his role is ceremonial and he doesn't really have a say. The government supports NATO membership.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.