News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Big pro-Russia demo with a car convoy in Berlin. Disgusting fucking people.

Threviel

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 04, 2022, 03:58:55 AM
Quote from: Threviel on April 04, 2022, 03:31:40 AMI made the mistake of going to twitter. God fucking damn, it's so grim what the orcs are doing.

"The Russians are coming!" has, afaik, always had that connotation.
Their way of waging war is basically one big warcrime/crime against humanity.
Which is one of the reasons their western supporters (left or right) who live comfy lives under the US nuclear umbrella are so effing annoying.

Yeah, the images of random people killed and sometimes tortured to death apparently for the lols by random Russian conscripts. Fucking orcs.

We need to get heavier modern Nato stuff to Ukraine ASAP.

celedhring

A Russian economics professor I know that last year moved back to Russia to teach at the University of St. Petersburg (as head of department) has resigned his post and is moving back to Barcelona. I suppose the brain drain is going to be a bit ugly for Russia.

Him and his wife already GTFO'd in the 1990s, now they are doing it again...

HVC

How much Brian's does a petro state need? would probably do more harm to Russia by forcing people to stay by denying visas.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: Threviel on April 04, 2022, 04:34:21 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on April 04, 2022, 03:58:55 AM
Quote from: Threviel on April 04, 2022, 03:31:40 AMI made the mistake of going to twitter. God fucking damn, it's so grim what the orcs are doing.

"The Russians are coming!" has, afaik, always had that connotation.
Their way of waging war is basically one big warcrime/crime against humanity.
Which is one of the reasons their western supporters (left or right) who live comfy lives under the US nuclear umbrella are so effing annoying.

Yeah, the images of random people killed and sometimes tortured to death apparently for the lols by random Russian conscripts. Fucking orcs.

We need to get heavier modern Nato stuff to Ukraine ASAP.

No evidence either way but I strongly suspect this isn't just thugs being thugs and rather there's orders from above to brutalise the Ukrainians for various reasons. One being it helps build russophobia and makes the Russia fighting for survival against a world that hates all Russians a bit more believable.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Published in Russian state media.

https://twitter.com/TadeuszGiczan/status/1510908227202002947
QuoteYesterday, RIA Novosti published a lengthy piece titled "What Russia should do with Ukraine", which explains in detail what Russia understands by denazification. It's truly horrific: 1/6

The special operation revealed that not only the political leadership in Ukraine is Nazi, but also the majority of the population. All Ukrainians who have taken up arms must be eliminated - because they are responsible for the genocide of the Russian people. 2/6

Ukrainians disguise their Nazism by calling it a "desire for independence" and a "European way of development". Ukraine doesn't have a Nazi party, a Führer or racial laws, but because of its flexibility, Ukrainian Nazism is far more dangerous to the world than Hitler's Nazism 3/6

Denazification means de-Ukrainianisation. Ukrainians are an artificial anti-Russian construct. They should no longer have a national identity. Denazification of Ukraine also means its inevitable de-Europeanisation. 4/6

Ukraine's political elite must be eliminated as it cannot be re-educated. Ordinary Ukrainians must experience all the horrors of war and absorb the experience as a historical lesson and atonement for their guilt. 5/6

The liberated and denazified territory of the Ukrainian state should no longer be called Ukraine. Denazification should last at least one generation - 25 years. Then the author goes on to detail exactly what needs to be done: https://ria.ru/20220403/ukraina-1781469605.html 6/6

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

How the hell are we going to fix Russia.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Josquius on April 04, 2022, 06:05:51 AMHow the hell are we going to fix Russia.

We tried and we failed. We cannot. We need to shut them out, contain them in their borders, and cross our fingers they won't start flinging nukes at some point

grumbler

At least the Russians are not pretending that they don't intend a genocide. 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

HVC

Quote from: Josquius on April 04, 2022, 06:05:51 AMHow the hell are we going to fix Russia.

Go back in time and stop the mongols.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Larch

The problem might be assuming it's "fixable".

alfred russel

Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2022, 11:12:33 AMI'm fine with it as well, in case anyone's curious.  I hope the West realizes two things now:  Russia is no longer in position where the West should worry like a battered wife about what Putin will think about this or that, and that Ukraine can't defend itself while allowing Russia to use the entirety of its territory as a base of operations that's off-limits to Ukraine.

100% on the latter. But on the former...the sense of concern/respect/fear/whatever regarding Russia, to the extent it is rational, has come from its nuclear arsenal. Now that Putin is boxed in, the risk from that arsenal is not less...it is more.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tamas

Quote from: alfred russel on April 04, 2022, 06:37:33 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 01, 2022, 11:12:33 AMI'm fine with it as well, in case anyone's curious.  I hope the West realizes two things now:  Russia is no longer in position where the West should worry like a battered wife about what Putin will think about this or that, and that Ukraine can't defend itself while allowing Russia to use the entirety of its territory as a base of operations that's off-limits to Ukraine.

100% on the latter. But on the former...the sense of concern/respect/fear/whatever regarding Russia, to the extent it is rational, has come from its nuclear arsenal. Now that Putin is boxed in, the risk from that arsenal is not less...it is more.

Agreed, but past a certain point (like, for example, when Russia is threatening with nukes at every slight and insult received), the only way to contain the risk of nuclear war is to make a stand despite the risk of being nuked.

Josephus

We, the west, need to isolate Russia even further. Treat it as a pariah state, like the USA did with N. Korea, Cuba, etc. Like the Arabs did with Israel. Close embassies. End all trade. End all travel to and from. Isolate it 100 per cent.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Berkut

Quote from: viper37 on April 02, 2022, 07:45:50 PM
Quote from: Jacob on April 02, 2022, 07:10:24 PMIt is really very grim.

Get Ukraine tanks, anti-aircraft defences, artillery, and aircraft now.
We need to get involved, despite the nuclear risks.

That would be a great way to bail out Putin.

"We didn't lose the war, NATO intervened!"

Never interrupt your enemy while they are losing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned