News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Suleyman dies and goes to paradise where he is attended by 72 German witches.

Selim celebrates by building 2 cavalry units in Belgrade

ulmont

Spain tries to get the Netherlands back under control and commissions a galley in Messina.  File sent; off to Sol.

Solmyr

Built another galleon and pirated with less success this time. Off to Berkut.

Berkut

#19: 3 / Diplomatic Miscue
Remove up to 5 CP of diplomatic influence that another major power has with a single power.

Message from France:
2/3: Pirate the Spanish in Chile

2 hits

Spent last to remove unrest in Calais.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

If your last point was used to remove unrest in Calais, why did you move your marker up on the Papal influence track?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2013, 01:24:59 AM
If your last point was used to remove unrest in Calais, why did you move your marker up on the Papal influence track?

I dropped it back down but Berk can move back up if that's what he actually wanted to spend point on.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote#47: 4 / Belgic Confession
Take 8 Protestant Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in the Netherlands. The first die is automatically a "6"; the rest are rolled randomly. Treat all rolls of "3" as if they were "4".

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
1-2/4 Influence on Papacy
3-4/4 Regular in Szigetvár

I don't know when it flipped, but I fixed that 4 unit chip in Szigetvár so that it properly shows that those are mercs not regulars.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

Also shouldn't Berk roll for a treasure instead of just pick one?

ulmont

Quote from: Solmyr on July 03, 2013, 05:22:59 AM

I should roll, but otherwise yes, per 16.5.5.b.  I gave France a random treasure.

Berkut

Quote from: Solmyr on July 03, 2013, 05:22:59 AM

Rules say you should draw one at random. Since there is no way to know which ones are which, then simply choosing one is as random as any other method.

0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: garbon on July 03, 2013, 05:12:04 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2013, 01:24:59 AM

I dropped it back down but Berk can move back up if that's what he actually wanted to spend point on.

Thanks, I was going to use it for influence, and then remembered I had unrest and forgot to re-adjust.

0 rows returned

Habbaku

Am I really doing so well that neither England nor the HRE even want to try to make a deal over those cards they just threw in the gutter?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Protestants do some more preaching in the Netherlands.  Max is up.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on July 03, 2013, 10:06:16 AM
Am I really doing so well that neither England nor the HRE even want to try to make a deal over those cards they just threw in the gutter?

Too well, if you ask me.

Berkut

0 rows returned