And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Eternally (VQ Game)

Started by ulmont, June 11, 2013, 12:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on June 20, 2013, 12:27:02 PM
Quote from: ulmont on June 20, 2013, 12:16:21 PM
Treasure fleet appears in the Spanish Main and is unmolested.  Spain passes.  File sent; Sol up.

You realize those are lost if not played before the end of the turn?

I'm pretty confident the turn won't end with 5 cards in the HRE hand.

Berkut

France: Play Card as Operations
#52: 2 / Foxe's Book of Martyrs
Switch 2 spaces in England from Catholic religious influence to Protestant. Then take 5 Protestant Conversion attempts that can affect spaces in France, Netherlands and/or Scotland.

Message from France:
Build galley in Marseilles. File later.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

I will be passing at least until it is possible the turn will end, or until the Prots do something like convert something that might be a rebellion target.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Okay, question.

1 - I fucked up check for Papacy as France should have been in mix. I would have, had I included France did what I did for Venice and include in impulse order. So question, should we consider that roll okay or do we want me to re-roll?

2 - What happens with Venice as there is a tie?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

1. I would say roll another die for france

2. I believe ties are broken by the order the flags of the powers appear on that column on the board.

ulmont

Quote from: Maximus on June 20, 2013, 01:57:00 PM
1. I would say roll another die for france

2. I believe ties are broken by the order the flags of the powers appear on that column on the board.

This. 

QuoteIn the case of a tie, the winner is the power listed highest in the list of Activate powers at the bottom of the Diplomatic Influence Table.

garbon

Okay that's what I thought on point 2 - I think I just glossed over Activate bit though and was like how do I take into account deactivate powers. :)

On rolling French roll again - then there wouldn't really be a point, correct? I had +4 to my roll of 6 so that's going to be anything from France.  I guess only real case if if we think all 3 countries should have a re-roll in which case it is again a jump ball.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Maximus

I don't think there's a case for a complete reroll. Those rolls were assigned before they were seen. That's really all that matters.

Habbaku

I'll be passing the rest of the turn.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The rolls are fine, by the way.  HRE activates both Venice and the pope.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Okay, I'll put together file now and include Berk's galley.

garbon

Maximus

ulmont

Passing until the HRE gets down to 2 cards.

garbon

When it gets to me again, I'll put my control markers across Venice. :blush: