Spain's $680 Million submarine can only dive, not resurface

Started by Syt, May 27, 2013, 11:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 28, 2013, 06:37:37 PM
It's tough to wade through surf in a tutu.

Not to mention the pom-poms on the feet-- they must get heavy when wet.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Sounds like somebody was an ugly american. Tsk tsk.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Quote from: 11B4V on May 28, 2013, 06:19:09 PM
Quote from: mongers on May 28, 2013, 05:52:02 PM
So now that we've observed the ritual of proclaiming all some Europeans as are cheese-eating surrender monkeys, what next ?

I and my team, once had a beautiful front row view of a Spanish Marine Battalion and a Greek Armor company attempt a landing on a beach in Sardinia. It took them half a day to get a beachhead establish and start moving inland. Like watching a bunch of monkeys fucking a football. 

Any guess as to how long it took the US Marine MEU a couple days later?

But did Monty ever take Caen?

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2013, 07:28:13 PM

My team was just hanging out with our buds from Fernspahlehrkompanie after an ILRRPS exercise. French and Brit teams were watching a soccer game. French got snotty. Fight ensues, with my team and the Germans deciding to enter the fray on the side of the Brits. 

Neil

Quote from: Berkut on May 28, 2013, 01:24:59 PM
And to be fair, I am really not talking about Germany specifically. They are kind of a stand in for the non-US NATO in general. Or even the non-US western world in general, which I think is becoming rather dangerously complacent in the light of US military domination...which I honestly think is eroding.
But really, isn't that the natural result of US policy?  Without colonies, what's the point?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

11B4V

Ed Anger

Quote from: 11B4V on May 28, 2013, 07:46:12 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 28, 2013, 07:28:13 PM

My team was just hanging out with our buds from Fernspahlehrkompanie after an ILRRPS exercise. French and Brit teams were watching a soccer game. French got snotty. Fight ensues, with my team and the Germans deciding to enter the fray on the side of the Brits.

:lol:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Wasn't there a hit book published around 1912 which argued that traditional big wars were the thing of the past?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Tamas on May 29, 2013, 03:12:50 AM
Wasn't there a hit book published around 1912 which argued that traditional big wars were the thing of the past?

Normal Angell's The Great Illusion.
Often mischaracterized.  He did not argue that war would not occur.  He argued that it was futile and counterproductive, which was probably true.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Neil

Well, it did keep the terrible Franco-German culture in check for another generation.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: 11B4V on May 28, 2013, 06:19:09 PM
I and my team, once had a beautiful front row view of a Spanish Marine Battalion and a Greek Armor company attempt a landing on a beach in Sardinia. It took them half a day to get a beachhead establish and start moving inland. Like watching a bunch of monkeys fucking a football. 

Any guess as to how long it took the US Marine MEU a couple days later?

Sounds like the Spaniards and the Greeks know what they were doing.  If you're on a beach in Sardinia, why would you rush to move inland?  Certainly not until at least 2 rounds of cocktails.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson