Spain's $680 Million submarine can only dive, not resurface

Started by Syt, May 27, 2013, 11:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: alfred russel on May 29, 2013, 07:49:03 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 29, 2013, 07:38:27 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 29, 2013, 07:34:43 PM
I also wonder whose idea it was to put heavy machinery on beach.

How else would you propose conducting an amphibious assault?

Does it really do any good to have an artillery piece stuck on the beach--right by the waters edge? Why not just keep it on the boat?

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Beaches? Heavy artillery?  Helos to extract stuck arty?

Should have just used A-10s. :sleep:

mongers

Good to see I've kicked off the 'longest dispute' again, not between England and Scotland but between Jarheads and Grunts.    :D

Somewhere I've a link to a hilarious Dutch or Italian amphibious assault, I'll dig it out.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: alfred russel on May 29, 2013, 07:34:43 PM
I wonder why we get Marine Corps recruiting advertisements featuring fights against monsters rather than digging artillery pieces out of the sand.

Because the Naval Infantry are that stupid.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 29, 2013, 07:52:52 PM

The email to [email protected] bounced because the mailbox was too full
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on May 29, 2013, 07:53:35 PM
Good to see I've kicked off the 'longest dispute' again, not between England and Scotland but between Jarheads and Grunts.    :D

Somewhere I've a link to a hilarious Dutch or Italian amphibious assault, I'll dig it out.

Oh, do post. Jarheads of any nationality are well...comical.

Execpt maybe the RoK Marines.

MadBurgerMaker

Unfortunately, I don't think there aren't any Jarheads here.  Only Army Stupid, Air "Force," and Squids.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

11B4V

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 29, 2013, 07:56:45 PM

Unfortunately, I don't think there aren't any Jarheads here.  Only Army Stupid, Air "Force Farce", and Squids.

11B4V

Tonitrus

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2013, 07:55:36 PM

That always happens when they go on leave, or the Wing sends out a 5mb PowerPoint on the upcoming BBQ.  :mad:

MadBurgerMaker

11B4V

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 29, 2013, 08:00:00 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 29, 2013, 07:55:36 PM

That always happens when they go on leave, or the Wing sends out a 5mb PowerPoint on the upcoming BBQ.  :mad:

We know it is full of this:
hey airman! Want a bigger penis?