And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2016, 02:25:20 PM
Where are we going with this, Yi?

If experience is any guide, down a rabbit hole.

No one in their right mind (no offense) would argue that the non-fringe press assumed the Clintons were guilty of murdering Vince Foster and demanded she prove her innocence.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2016, 02:30:40 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2016, 02:25:20 PM
Where are we going with this, Yi?

If experience is any guide, down a rabbit hole.

No one in their right mind (no offense) would argue that the non-fringe press assumed the Clintons were guilty of murdering Vince Foster and demanded she prove her innocence.

Read again and don't put words in my mouth.  I did not say they all believed it (I don't know what they believed)  I said they reported it.  I said "seriously" to distinguish from reports of lava-men and Jews taking over the world.  Which is where it belonged.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2016, 02:44:06 PM
Read again and don't put words in my mouth.  I did not say they all believed it (I don't know what they believed)  I said they reported it.  I said "seriously" to distinguish from reports of lava-men and Jews taking over the world.  Which is where it belonged.

I didn't put a single fucking word in your mouth.  I said guilty until proven innocence was horseshit.  You responded with your "reporting with seriousness" post.  I don't know what the hell that means, so I asked for clarification.  You declined, so I proceeded on the assumption that you were agreeing with guilty until proven innocent.  Now you're all butthurt, so my question to you is, if you don't agree with guilty until proven innocent, what the hell is your point?

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2016, 02:52:34 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2016, 02:44:06 PM

I didn't put a single fucking word in your mouth.  I said guilty until proven innocence was horseshit.  You responded with your "reporting with seriousness" post.  I don't know what the hell that means, so I asked for clarification.  You declined, so I proceeded on the assumption that you were agreeing with guilty until proven innocent.  Now you're all butthurt, so my question to you is, if you don't agree with guilty until proven innocent, what the hell is your point?

You assumed incorrectly.  I agree with the part about turning Clinton conspiracy theory into headlines.  I did not take "guilty until proven innocent" as to mean anything legal or what the actual opinions of the press (which nobody can know).  To do so would be retarded.  News papers and news programs do not have have the power to try people.  I took it as a turn of phrase about adversarial reporting.  I didn't decline to answer you, I just wanted to know if we going to into the Yicratic method where I have to define what "is" is.  Afterwords, I did explain what I meant.

In fact, my first post does not refer at all to the phrase "innocent until proven" guilty (after all it, I doubt author was talking about actual trials), I barely even noticed the idiom.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

Haggling over details aside, it has been a rather old theme that free press with a profit motive is a dangerous thing.  A lot of the things that get clicks are also the things that engender a general level of cynicism, which is very toxic to democracy.

DGuller

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Phillip V

jimmy olsen

More like God wants Hillary, Phil

Not sure what to think about this. If Paul Ryan got voted out, could the House function at all? Who would be the Speaker (assuming the GOP maintained control).

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/05/08/sarah_palin_vows_to_campaign_against_paul_ryan.html

QuoteSarah Palin Vows To Campaign Against Paul Ryan For His Failure To Back Trump

Former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said House Speaker Paul Ryan's political career is likely over after he said last week he wasn't quite ready to support Donald Trump's candidacy. "His political career is over but for a miracle because he has so disrespected the will of the people," Palin said on CNN's State of the Union. The former vice-presidential candidate said she'll do everything she can to support Ryan's challenger in the Wisconsin primary. "I think Paul Ryan is soon to be Cantored, as in Eric Cantor," she said, in reference to former Republican Majority Leader Eric Cantor's 2014 primary loss.

Palin said she still hasn't spoken to businessman Paul Nehlen, who is challenging Ryan in the Aug. 9 primary. But Nehlen was clearly excited by the news, retweeting several links to Palin's interview on CNN. "This man is a hard-working guy, so in touch with the people," Palin said. "Paul Ryan and his ilk, their problem is they have become so disconnected by the people whom they are elected to represent."

John McCain's running mate said that the reason why Ryan is hesitating to support Trump is because of his own presidential ambitions. "If the GOP were to win now, that wouldn't bode well for his chances in 2020, and that's what he's shooting for," Palin said.

Trump for his part said that he was "blindsided" by Ryan's non-endorsement. "Yeah, I was blindsided a little bit, because he spoke to me three weeks ago, and it was a very nice call, a very encouraging call," Trump told NBC's Meet the Press. "And then all of a sudden, he gets on and he does this number," Trump added. "So I'm not exactly sure what he has in mind. But that's okay."

Although Palin suggested she could be open to the idea of being Trump's running mate, she also recognized that she likely wouldn't be the best pick. "I want to help and not hurt, and I am such a realist that I realize there are a whole lot of people out there who would say, 'Anybody but Palin.' I wouldn't want to be a burden on the ticket, and I realize in many, many eyes, I would be that burden," the former governor said.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Sarah Palin's not exactly an expert on when political careers are over. Her own ended when she decided governing Alaska was too difficult for her and she'd rather do reality tv shows.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

The establishment stooges are pissing off all the right people.