News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Monoriu

I really don't see the point of spending time and money to travel to the voting booth just to vote for someone who has no realistic hope of winning an election. 

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Habbaku

Quote from: Monoriu on May 03, 2016, 09:34:52 PM
I really don't see the point of spending time and money to travel to the voting booth just to vote for someone who has no realistic hope of winning an election.

Yes, but, then, you hardly see the point in voting.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Monoriu on May 03, 2016, 09:34:52 PM

There are other offices up for election as well. :P For instance, I intend to vote for a humane, progressive dog-catcher and a pro-recycling sanitation commissioner. :)
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Eddie Teach

The worrying thing about Indiana(though it is a red state) is that Trump got nearly as many votes as the two Democrats combined.  :(
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

It's a well established fact that primaries are not a good indicator of general election turnout. In the general, Indiana will go to Madame President-elect.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

Archy

Quote from: sbr on May 03, 2016, 09:03:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 03, 2016, 07:35:39 PM
Cruz is dropping out! :o

At least he has a loving and affectionate wife to fall back on in tough times like these.
He can give his daughter some extra spankings

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 03, 2016, 07:35:39 PM
Cruz is dropping out! :o

I bet according to the Berkut & Habbaku Languish power couple this means that people clearly want Kasich.

Jaron

Jaron

Republicans abandoning the party to go for Clinton.

citizen k

Quote from: Jaron on May 04, 2016, 12:11:17 AM
Republicans abandoning the party to go for Clinton.

Not surprising since she's Republican Lite.