And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Razgovory on May 03, 2016, 03:48:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2016, 02:12:40 PM

The outrageous speaking fees.  The Clinton Foundation donations.  She's married to Bill.

I don't think any of these are actually illegal, so your definition of "corrupt" maybe different than mine.

I don't think your action needs to be necessarily illegal in order to be corrupt.  Hillary (and Bill) have shown a consistent pattern of acting in the best interests of those that have given lots of money to them or their foundation.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2016, 03:53:40 PM
I don't think your action needs to be necessarily illegal in order to be corrupt.  Hillary (and Bill) have shown a consistent pattern of acting in the best interests of those that have given lots of money to them or their foundation.

Can you give some examples?

Valmy

The Supreme Court, and Hansmeister, have informed me this is just free speech.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Goldman Sachs really wanted the top marginal tax rate to go up? :huh:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 03, 2016, 03:55:01 PM

Here are nine.  Just google there are plenty more.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/nine-times-clinton-foundation-donors-got-special-access-at-state/article/2580451
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 03, 2016, 03:55:01 PM

Marc Rich pardon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 03, 2016, 05:32:34 PM
Marc Rich pardon.

IIRC Marc Rich bought his way out of exile by donating to the DNC. :nerd:

Phillip V

Cruz and Kasich should drop out of the race tonight if Trump wins Indiana.  There just really is no more StopTrump momentum after this.  Nebraska and West Virginia vote next.

celedhring

I'ts just 2%, but both Clinton and Trump are commanding large leads (15% and 20%).

Grinning_Colossus

Polls don't close for another 15 minutes. Those are early votes, I guess.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Phillip V

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on May 03, 2016, 05:48:08 PM
Polls don't close for another 15 minutes. Those are early votes, I guess.

The state is in two time zones.  Most of the state, including Indianapolis, closed 50 minutes ago.

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

jimmy olsen

Looks like Indiana will be the seventh straight state Trump will top 50% and beat the polls by at least 5 points.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point