News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

But I said before - Clinton would probably be the best for Poland. I think Trump and Cruz would be pretty much the same. Sanders would be the worst.

From Poland's point of view, America needs to have a strong army and willingness to use it internationally. Clinton is the best because she is both hawkish and interventionist. Cruz is probably slightly more interventionist than Trump who is more of an isolationist, but I think Trump is slightly more militarist than Cruz, so it evens out. Sanders is an isolationist pacifist who would defund the army - the worst combination of all.

Eddie Teach

In Bush's defense, we didn't know back in 2001 that Putin was Russia's new tsar. Trump 2016 doesn't have any excuses.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2016, 01:44:14 AM
You are confusing things. I didn't say Trump is the preferred candidate for the majority of Republican voters. But, from the fact that Trump has not been getting the majority (only plurality) in earlier votes Berkut was inferring that everybody who did not vote for Trump was firmly in the #NeverTrump camp - now that the candidates have thinned out and he is starting to get clear majorities this seems to be quite untrue.

"He is starting to get clear majorities" because the states that just held primaries have large ethnic white populations, who love Trump.

Martinus

Obama was much worse for Poland than Bush. He left the Eastern European allies out to dry by scrapping the anti-missile shield (which was very costly for us diplomatically) without offering anything substantial in return, and did his bizarre and ridiculous "reset" with Russia.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2016, 02:18:34 AM
You are confusing things. I didn't say Trump is the preferred candidate for the majority of Republican voters. But, from the fact that Trump has not been getting the majority (only plurality) in earlier votes Berkut was inferring that everybody who did not vote for Trump was firmly in the #NeverTrump camp - now that the candidates have thinned out and he is starting to get clear majorities this seems to be quite untrue.

"He is starting to get clear majorities" because the states that just held primaries have large ethnic white populations, who love Trump.

Damn, what will he do without the support of that massive non-white Republican vote.  :rolleyes:

Minorities will end up voting for the Democrat in 9 cases out of 10 no matter who is on the ballot, so why not play to one's strengths instead?

If you want to beat Kasparov, don't play him at chess.

Eddie Teach

Democrats have always been skeptical about a missile shield since Reagan first proposed it.

Did the "reset" happen after the invasion of Georgia? We weren't gonna do anything about that, anyway.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2016, 02:24:50 AM
Damn, what will he do without the support of that massive non-white Republican vote.  :rolleyes:

He means Italians and Poles.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 27, 2016, 02:18:34 AM

Minorities will end up voting for the Democrat in 9 cases out of 10 no matter who is on the ballot, so why not play to one's strengths instead?

If you want to beat Kasparov, don't play him at chess.

It is thinking like this that has led the Republican party to its current sad state.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2016, 02:41:57 AM
It is thinking like this that has led the Republican party to its current sad state.

Can you start cropping, please?

Also, I beg to differ. The Republican party started to fail when it stopped taking care of the white working class.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2016, 02:48:22 AM
Also, I beg to differ. The Republican party started to fail when it stopped taking care of the white working class.

So, 1930?

Admiral Yi

The rolleyes have better effect when you understand the post you're responding to.

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 27, 2016, 02:48:22 AM
Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2016, 02:41:57 AM

Can you start cropping, please?

No, but feel free to do so. :)

And sorry, I forgot that only as of late has American politics been of interest for you, so there's little substance to your posts (on the matter). :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Legbiter

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2016, 08:33:38 PM
So....maybe I was wrong about Trump not getting the nomination.  :hmm:

Don't go soft on me now Dorsey.  :mad:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Jaron on April 26, 2016, 08:59:39 PM
This is the end for Bernie....

He could follow Clinton to the convention, hope she drops dead or gets indicted.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.