And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Phillip V on March 19, 2016, 10:34:12 AM
The math seems daunting.  Even if Trump flips key swing states such as Ohio and Florida, he needs to scramble the electoral map in weird ways we have not seen in a while, such as take Rust Belt states like Michigan or Pennsylvania.

No way in hell he can win Florida. Pennsylvania on the other hand I could see falling his way.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

There's enough Jews and Cubans in Southern Florida who won't vote for Trump, but there's enough old white rural folks in Central Pennsylvania who will?

That's somewhat persuasive.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Overheard somebody talking about supporting Trump, "just to see what happens".

So we've gone beyond the concept of reality-TV celebrity politics straight to internet trolling politics. :lol:

Grinning_Colossus

I'm thinking the working- and middle-class white Catholic vote that's been slowly draining away from the Dems for years could decisively swing to Trump. That would give him PA.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 01:32:46 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 16, 2016, 01:15:56 PM
Funny ad but I don't think Trump should be emphasizing the need to be taken seriously overseas.

They're gonna respect him worldwide.  They're gonna have more respect for him than all previous presidents combined.  You're gonna love how much they respect him.  He's gonna negotiate all sorts of great deals for the US.  Just wait and see.  You're gonna love those deals.
:lmfao:  Well-played.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on March 19, 2016, 12:29:59 PM
Utah will probably go blue unless Cruz is the nominee. Trump is deeply unpopular here because of his treatment of Mitt Romney and his attacks on the LDS church.

No way. Utah will go blue right after DC goes red.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 19, 2016, 06:59:40 PM
Overheard somebody talking about supporting Trump, "just to see what happens".

So we've gone beyond the concept of reality-TV celebrity politics straight to internet trolling politics. :lol:

Oh yeah there is a huge troll vote now. The internet is the downfall of society.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on March 19, 2016, 10:00:20 PM
Quote from: Jaron on March 19, 2016, 12:29:59 PM
Utah will probably go blue unless Cruz is the nominee. Trump is deeply unpopular here because of his treatment of Mitt Romney and his attacks on the LDS church.

No way. Utah will go blue right after DC goes red.

I think I know the politics of my own state a little better than you.

It'll be:

If Cruz is nominee: Red
Else: Blue

Martinus

I thought Mormons are big on not lying. Why would they support the Lying Ted?  :hmm:

Martinus

Incidentally, have there been any high profile endorsements from LGBT celebrities in this elections season? I know that gays are expected by everybody to be liberal but I don't recall people like NPH or Ellen endorsing anyone. If anything, the only two endorsements I can think of is Caitlyn Jenner endorsing Ted Cruz and Milo Yiannopolous endorsing Donald Trump.  :hmm:

celedhring

NPH and Ellen endorsed Obama, didn't they?

I think most celebrity endorsements happen in the GE, not the primaries.

garbon

Wiki says she was endorsed by Rosie, Chaz, Ellen, Jesse  Tyler Ferguson, Zachary Quinto, Ricky Martin among others.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.