And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Admiral Yi

Quote from: LaCroix on March 18, 2016, 03:46:23 PM
I think pop = banned is a myth by nonbelievers. they definitely can drink pop.

Nonresponsive.  They drink the shit out of 7-Up, but we were talking about caffeinated drinks.

celedhring

Quote from: LaCroix on March 18, 2016, 03:46:23 PM
I think pop = banned is a myth by nonbelievers. they definitely can drink pop.

I had two good mormon friends and Coke was definitely banned for them.

LaCroix

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 18, 2016, 03:51:10 PMNonresponsive.  They drink the shit out of 7-Up, but we were talking about caffeinated drinks.

it was responsive--I meant caffeinated pop

LaCroix

Quote from: celedhring on March 18, 2016, 03:53:26 PMI had two good mormon friends and Coke was definitely banned for them.

the article I linked corrected my view -- it's a myth perpetuated by both outsiders and insiders, not just outsiders

Norgy

There is a decent chance Ted Cruz is the most despicable person alive.

celedhring

He certainly has one of the most punchable faces I have ever seen. There's no way a Cruz presidency doesn't end up in an international incident when some ally can't resist the urge to punch his face during a summit.

Eddie Teach

It's the Canadian smugness without the Canadian politeness.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

lustindarkness

Quote from: Norgy on March 18, 2016, 04:15:05 PM
There is a decent chance Ted Cruz is the most despicable person alive.

Including here in languish? :yeahright:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 18, 2016, 04:20:19 PM
It's the Canadian smugness without the Canadian politeness.

"C'mon, you know you want to"

Norgy

His screenwriting room mate at uni had very few positive things to say about him.

I think his exact words were "I'd rather vote for a random person in the phone book than Ted Cruz". His Twitter rant was actually very entertaining.

LaCroix

Quote from: Norgy on March 18, 2016, 04:30:07 PM
His screenwriting room mate at uni had very few positive things to say about him.

I think his exact words were "I'd rather vote for a random person in the phone book than Ted Cruz". His Twitter rant was actually very entertaining.

yeah, I read the same--probably just a personality clash between two freshmen roommates. happens all the time. cruz's old college debate friend gave another perspective.

Norgy

He was THE only person who gave a different perspective too.
Everyone else loathed Cruz for his self-important cuntiness.

I don't really care what they said, but some of it was not something you'd like in a president.
Like celedhring, I think his face looks ready for a punch or a Glasgow Kiss. He is, put bluntly, highly unlikeable. And why anyone would even consider voting for him, is beyond me.