News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 21, 2016, 01:47:40 AM

Just checked Paddy Power, they're laying 4/9 on Clinton and 5/2 on Trump.  I agree Hillary is clearly odds-on, but those are some crazy odds.

Those odds imply about a 70% chance Hillary will win a heads up matchup. That doesn't seem crazy. I think I'd still bet on Hillary with those odds.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Something for Mihali:

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/03/21/hillary-hits-trump-at-aipac-israels-security-is-non-negotiable/

QuoteWith specific reference to the U.S.-Israel relationship she argued, "the alternative is unthinkable," adding: "We need steady hands, not a president who says he is neutral on Monday, pro-Israel on Tuesday, and who knows what on Wednesday because 'everything's negotiable'!"

"Israel's security is non negotiable," she roared, stating that whoever does not think so "has no business being our President".

Trump. Trump. Trump.  :showoff:

Valmy

That's ok. The American Malthus vote will carry us through.  :Joos

Oh and hi Zoupa! Good to see you as always  :cool:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

:lol: Indeed, no "roar[ing]" Zionist will carry my vote.  AIPAC. :bleeding:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

DGuller

Capetan Mihali

Where is she right?  It's not an assertion of fact, it's a message of relentless support for Israel whatever the circumstances.  Israel's "security" is certainly negotiable as far I'm concerned; the use, for instance, of American troops or American taxpayer money to defend the "security" of newly-built West Bank settlements should be very much negotiable.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

DGuller

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 21, 2016, 12:34:54 PM
Where is she right?  It's not an assertion of fact, it's a message of relentless support for Israel whatever the circumstances.  Israel's "security" is certainly negotiable as far I'm concerned; the use, for instance, of American troops or American taxpayer money to defend the "security" of newly-built West Bank settlements should be very much negotiable.
I don't think settlements are considered part of Israel.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on March 21, 2016, 12:38:35 PM

Well not by the United States anyway.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Capetan Mihali

Funny the IDF defends them then. :huh:

Martinus

It doesn't matter - it's just odd that one country's politician not only considers security of another country non-negotiable - but considers anyone who thinks differently to be unfit for an elected office. It smacks of treason.

DGuller

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 21, 2016, 12:52:52 PM

Funny the IDF defends them then. :huh:
Their business what they defend.  We're talking about what American politicians understand to be Israeli security.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2016, 12:47:47 PM

Yet we pay to defend them regardless.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: DGuller on March 21, 2016, 12:54:19 PM
Their business what they defend.  We're talking about what American politicians understand to be Israeli security.

So if the security of Jewish colonists in the West Bank is threatened, that would be negotiable?  Since American politicians supposedly understand Israeli security to hew to the pre-1967 borders exclusively?

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 21, 2016, 01:03:26 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 21, 2016, 12:47:47 PM

Yet we pay to defend them regardless.

Yes indeed. Don't know why, it certainly gives us no leverage with them.

The only reason we pay is a bribe that came out of that Camp David Accord thing right? I know we also give/gave a shit load to Egypt for no particular reason as well.