News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on March 14, 2016, 06:28:52 PM
According to this every American president since LBJ has been or is Hitler.  :hmm:  :lol:

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/media/AnalogiesUSPresHitlerMegan.htm

Oh right. Since 1963. The JFK Assassination has brought on a Thousand Year Reich.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Legbiter on March 14, 2016, 06:28:52 PM
According to this every American president since LBJ has been or is Hitler.  :hmm:  :lol:

http://www.history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/media/AnalogiesUSPresHitlerMegan.htm

Would be hard to call Eisenhower or WWII and earlier Presidents Hitler.
I guess JFK is our only authentic non-Hitler President.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

There are many reasons to hate and loathe Trump and his shitshow but the threat of him setting up a fascist dictatorship is pretty laughable.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Capetan Mihali

I'm a big Eisenhower fan.  Eisenhower presidency fan, specifically, but everything else too.

I forced my traveling companion a slight ways off of I-70 driving west to pay homage in Abilene, Kansas at his Presidential library, tomb, and boyhood home wrapped into one.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

viper37

Quote from: Valmy on March 14, 2016, 10:39:44 PM
There are many reasons to hate and loathe Trump and his shitshow but the threat of him setting up a fascist dictatorship is pretty laughable.
I don't know... Both Hitler and Mussolini had weird haircut, he seems to fit that mold too.  Looks dangerous to me.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Capetan Mihali

Eisenhower was the first and last US President who refused near-complete control on behalf of the lobby for contemporary Israeli state policy in the decisions he made on behalf of this country. 

Every 2016 candidate -- with the exceptions of Bernard and Donald, each to a certain extent only -- is falling over himself or herself to pledge allegiance to our undying loyalty to the Jewish State of Israel, no matter what they do or to whom, apparently.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Legbiter

Northern Mariana Islands landslide for Trump.  :showoff:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-wins-9-delegates-in-northern-marina-islands-220763

QuoteDonald Trump has won the Republican caucus in the Northern Mariana Islands, a remote U.S. territory that consists of 15 islands in the Pacific Ocean.
Trump took home 73 percent of the vote and will win all nine delegates, according to Jason Osborne, who was the executive director of the local Republican Party.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Malthus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 12:58:32 AM
Eisenhower was the first and last US President who refused near-complete control on behalf of the lobby for contemporary Israeli state policy in the decisions he made on behalf of this country. 

That's not true. 

To name just one obvious example, check out America's actions in the run-up to the 1967 War.

The Egyptians close the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping. The Israelis beg both the Brits and the Americans to send a warship through, knowing that the Egyptians would not fire on them. The Brits offer to do so as part of  an international maritime force, but only the Netherlands offers to be part of it - the US approves the notion in theory, but offers to send no ships.

Odd indeed, for a President who has allegedly ceded "near-complete control on behalf of the lobby for contemporary Israeli state policy in the decisions he made on behalf of this country. "

The run-up to the 67 War makes zero sense if one is of the opinion that the Israel lobby controlled US policy (though Nasser later concocted a legend that his defeat was due to the US and British interference - in a telephone call with Jordan's king, that was intercepted!). Israel was left in no doubt by the US that if it acted "unilaterally", it acted alone; it did anyway.   

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Quote from: celedhring on March 14, 2016, 07:34:55 PM
Trains with no brakes crash and burn, killing everybody aboard.

:hmm:

You know, Trump does seem to go through women about as quickly as Lantier. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Malthus on March 15, 2016, 08:21:22 AM

That's not true. 

To name just one obvious example, check out America's actions in the run-up to the 1967 War.

The Egyptians close the Straits of Tiran to Israeli shipping. The Israelis beg both the Brits and the Americans to send a warship through, knowing that the Egyptians would not fire on them. The Brits offer to do so as part of  an international maritime force, but only the Netherlands offers to be part of it - the US approves the notion in theory, but offers to send no ships.

Odd indeed, for a President who has allegedly ceded "near-complete control on behalf of the lobby for contemporary Israeli state policy in the decisions he made on behalf of this country. "

The run-up to the 67 War makes zero sense if one is of the opinion that the Israel lobby controlled US policy (though Nasser later concocted a legend that his defeat was due to the US and British interference - in a telephone call with Jordan's king, that was intercepted!). Israel was left in no doubt by the US that if it acted "unilaterally", it acted alone; it did anyway.

Funny you omit the aerial bombing of the USS Liberty where 34 American sailors, supposed allies, lost their lives at Israeli hands...and the immediate hush-money Israel paid, and the subsequent hush-up, cover-up, and zip-up of what happened "accidentally" to a ship flying the Stars and Stripes.

The fact that you can talk about supposed US policy in the run-up to the Six-Day War (note: I never said the Israelis wouldn't try ethnic cleansing campaigns on their own, only that the lobby of the State of Israel i.e. the Jewish State of Israel, not a State without explicit ethnic supremacy, exercised "near-complete" control of US policy) without mentioning the USS Liberty is a testament to your sadly ingrained bias against the Palestinian people, I fear.

Hell, if the US had charged in on the Israeli side back in '67, we might have ended up in all-out war with the Soviets.  We might have even ended up with a couple hundred Marines blown up in Lebanon fifteen years later!

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 08:42:38 AM
Quote from: Malthus on March 15, 2016, 08:21:22 AM

That's not true. 

Funny you omit the aerial bombing of the USS Liberty where 34 American sailors, supposed allies, lost their lives at Israeli hands...and the immediate hush-money Israel paid, and the subsequent hush-up, cover-up, and zip-up of what happened "accidentally" to a ship flying the Stars and Stripes.

The fact that you can talk about supposed US policy in the run-up to the Six-Day War (note: I never said the Israelis wouldn't try ethnic cleansing campaigns on their own, only that the lobby of the State of Israel i.e. the Jewish State of Israel, not a State without explicit ethnic supremacy, exercised "near-complete" control of US policy) without mentioning the USS Liberty is a testament to your sadly ingrained bias against the Palestinian people, I fear.

Hell, if the US had charged in on the Israeli side back in '67, we might have ended up in all-out war with the Soviets.  We might have even ended up with a couple hundred Marines blown up in Lebanon fifteen years later!

Oh FFS :lol:

Didn't mention USS Liberty? YOU HATE ALL PALESTINIANS YOU JEW MONSTER.

derspiess

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 08:42:38 AM
Funny you omit the aerial bombing of the USS Liberty

We don't talk about that here  <_<

:P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

I have no idea what capetan was trying to say, other than that it was probably anti-Israel.  :blush: A bit too many too cute turns of phrase to keep up with the train of thought.

Capetan Mihali

God, Sadat got them good in '73 though didn't he? 

As Chairman Mao said, political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. 

The only reason the Israelis "evacuated" the Sinai, the only reason Egypt gets a fraction of the millions, no billions, of dollars of foreign aid the US dumps on Israel every year to buy more munitions to dump on Gaza, the only reason the poor "Nubian" corrupt successful Sadat ended up shaking the hand, the massacre-bloodied hand of the war criminal Begin -- and the only reason Sadat was murdered in cold blood while the Egyptians continue to "enjoy" the fruits of the Egyptian Army's labor -- is because he was able to wage war against an enemy effectively. 

It hasn't been repeated, and the plight of the Arabs caught in the Israeli net has only gotten worse.

alfred russel

Quote from: Legbiter on March 15, 2016, 08:03:15 AM
Northern Mariana Islands landslide for Trump.  :showoff:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/trump-wins-9-delegates-in-northern-marina-islands-220763

QuoteDonald Trump has won the Republican caucus in the Northern Mariana Islands, a remote U.S. territory that consists of 15 islands in the Pacific Ocean.
Trump took home 73 percent of the vote and will win all nine delegates, according to Jason Osborne, who was the executive director of the local Republican Party.

I wonder why you failed to report that over the weekend, of the 40 delegates available, Trump only won 1.  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014