News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2016, 09:16:50 AM
No accusing Malthus of his deep ingrained hatred of all Palestinians was the thing not the anti-Israel thing :lol:

"bias against the Palestinian people" was my phrase; I know you pretend to hate nation-states, but I mean PALESTINIAN ARABS LIVING IN WHAT IS NOW ISRAEL.  I think his comments, and history on this issue, shows a bias against those people described in caps.

How is the plight of Jews in the Arab net doing? Ethnic conflict, it ain't pretty. But there are not white hats and black hats. Just nationalists being assholes. Some people just like to pretend one sides shit stinks less than the other. I just wish my country was not one of them.

'Oh the poor innocent Arabs!' Please.

:lol:  And I get accused of moral relativism!  There are no Jews in the Arab net, because the (wealthy industrialized) State of Israel airlifted its racial kinsmen out of the (poor rural) Arab countries, and the Jewish/Israeli lobby pressured the Nixon-Ford-Carter presidencies to pressure the Soviet Union to allow some of their Jewish citizens to emigrate to Israel in the 1970s.

To paraphrase Unforgiven, innocent has nothing to do with it.  Look at Gaza.  Look at the West Bank.  Look at the video of Israelis beating to death a completely innocent Eritrean -- you don't see *that* at Trump rallies, to bring this full circle.  Look at 18 months in prison for an Arab who had consensual sex with a Jewish woman but made the criminal mistake of saying his first name was "Daniel."  Tell me that's a country you want to pour billions of dollars of foreign aid into.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Quote from: celedhring on March 15, 2016, 09:30:37 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2016, 09:05:38 AM
Trump needs to win 272 delegates today according to 538 IIRC.  So, 9 down and 263 to go.

It's gonna be a weird night. Rubio's gonna lose Florida, while Kasich will surely carry Ohio. If Rubio drops, Kasich will end up taking up the establishment crown just by being stubborn.  :lol:

I wouldn't be so sure on Ohio.  Polls are pretty tight.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

Some people just like to pretend one sides shit stinks less than the other. I just wish my country was not one of them.

Perhaps not, but sometimes one side is more prone to shitting in the street.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 15, 2016, 09:35:31 AM
Some people just like to pretend one sides shit stinks less than the other. I just wish my country was not one of them.

Perhaps not, but sometimes one side is more prone to shitting in the street.

And sometimes the white hats turn black...
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

Malthus

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 08:42:38 AM
Funny you omit the aerial bombing of the USS Liberty where 34 American sailors, supposed allies, lost their lives at Israeli hands...and the immediate hush-money Israel paid, and the subsequent hush-up, cover-up, and zip-up of what happened "accidentally" to a ship flying the Stars and Stripes.

The fact that you can talk about supposed US policy in the run-up to the Six-Day War (note: I never said the Israelis wouldn't try ethnic cleansing campaigns on their own, only that the lobby of the State of Israel i.e. the Jewish State of Israel, not a State without explicit ethnic supremacy, exercised "near-complete" control of US policy) without mentioning the USS Liberty is a testament to your sadly ingrained bias against the Palestinian people, I fear.

Hell, if the US had charged in on the Israeli side back in '67, we might have ended up in all-out war with the Soviets.  We might have even ended up with a couple hundred Marines blown up in Lebanon fifteen years later!

All I can say is "WTF"?  :lol:

As others have mentioned, it would be odd indeed to discuss the Liberty incident as part of the "run-up to the Six-Day War".

Apparently, knowing the historical time-line is "a testament to your sadly ingrained bias against the Palestinian people".  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Yes, everyone is flawed so let's just toss those who try and those who don't into the same bag of moral relativist shit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 09:04:14 AM
So DGuller has poor reading comprehension (I'm not knocking him for it), and the Israeli bombing of an American ship is a joke to two other posters?  Got it.
I'm just failing to discern the point you're making.  Sometimes saying things in a less convoluted manner aids the comprehension of others.

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 09:32:08 AM
There are no Jews in the Arab net, because the (wealthy industrialized) State of Israel airlifted its racial kinsmen out of the (poor rural) Arab countries, and the Jewish/Israeli lobby pressured the Nixon-Ford-Carter presidencies to pressure the Soviet Union to allow some of their Jewish citizens to emigrate to Israel in the 1970s.

:huh:
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Malthus on March 15, 2016, 09:41:16 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 08:42:38 AM
Funny you omit the aerial bombing of the USS Liberty where 34 American sailors, supposed allies, lost their lives at Israeli hands...and the immediate hush-money Israel paid, and the subsequent hush-up, cover-up, and zip-up of what happened "accidentally" to a ship flying the Stars and Stripes.

The fact that you can talk about supposed US policy in the run-up to the Six-Day War (note: I never said the Israelis wouldn't try ethnic cleansing campaigns on their own, only that the lobby of the State of Israel i.e. the Jewish State of Israel, not a State without explicit ethnic supremacy, exercised "near-complete" control of US policy) without mentioning the USS Liberty is a testament to your sadly ingrained bias against the Palestinian people, I fear.

Hell, if the US had charged in on the Israeli side back in '67, we might have ended up in all-out war with the Soviets.  We might have even ended up with a couple hundred Marines blown up in Lebanon fifteen years later!

All I can say is "WTF"?  :lol:

As others have mentioned, it would be odd indeed to discuss the Liberty incident as part of the "run-up to the Six-Day War".

Apparently, knowing the historical time-line is "a testament to your sadly ingrained bias against the Palestinian people".  :hmm:

All I can say is "WTF"? :lol:

It is odd indeed to discuss American warships and *not* discuss the Liberty "Incident"... sorry for the timeline mishaps, it was after all just a gigantic victory in six glorious days, wasn't it?

Martinus

Is it me or has Mihali lost it? His weird diatribe about my sociopathy seems to have just been a prelude to weirder stuff?

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2016, 09:28:12 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on March 15, 2016, 09:19:59 AM
I think it is safe to assume that languishites don't get drunk while posting.
I'm drinking right now.
I wasn't drinking until I ran across Capetan's stream of (minimal) consciousness.

Malthus

"bias against the Palestinian people" was my phrase; I know you pretend to hate nation-states, but I mean PALESTINIAN ARABS LIVING IN WHAT IS NOW ISRAEL.  I think his comments, and history on this issue, shows a bias against those people described in caps.

Think as you will.

Right now, I'm thinking you are not reasoning too clearly.  :wacko:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2016, 09:47:49 AM
Is it me or has Mihali lost it? His weird diatribe about my sociopathy seems to have just been a prelude to weirder stuff?
I think it is very likely he is having a psychotic break of some kind.  :(

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: DGuller on March 15, 2016, 09:45:00 AM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 09:04:14 AM
So DGuller has poor reading comprehension (I'm not knocking him for it), and the Israeli bombing of an American ship is a joke to two other posters?  Got it.
I'm just failing to discern the point you're making.  Sometimes saying things in a less convoluted manner aids the comprehension of others.

1) Israel is a state based on racial-religious supremacy of one people over another.

2) Israel continues to mistreat the Palestinian people (i.e. the Arab population of Israel proper and the occupied territories) to the point where there is no other word to describe it but "apartheid," and even that doesn't go far enough to describe the repeated attacks on Gaza in recent years, in particular.

3) Israel receives millions of dollars of US taxpayer money every year.

Conclusion:  Israel is unworthy of the moral support of the world and most certainly unworthy of our tax dollars.

Barrister

:lol:  And I get accused of moral relativism!  There are no Jews in the Arab net, because the (wealthy industrialized) State of Israel airlifted its racial kinsmen out of the (poor rural) Arab countries, and the Jewish/Israeli lobby pressured the Nixon-Ford-Carter presidencies to pressure the Soviet Union to allow some of their Jewish citizens to emigrate to Israel in the 1970s.

Umm...

Not sure what immigration from the USSR has to do with "Jews in the arab net", but in any event it wasn't until the collapse of the USSR in the 1990s that there was substantial migration of Russian Jews to Israel.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.