News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2016, 11:15:38 AM
At least Trump is authentic and could play a "I was one of them so I know how to bust them" card.

But he doesn't actually play that card, does he?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

LaCroix

not everyone votes in strictly their best interest. otherwise, why would the rich be liberal?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: LaCroix on March 09, 2016, 11:20:37 AM
not everyone votes in strictly their best interest. otherwise, why would the rich be liberal?

They can afford to be.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: LaCroix on March 09, 2016, 11:20:37 AM

Same reason they do in Victoria: low consciousness pops :angry:

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2016, 11:20:03 AM
At least Trump is authentic and could play a "I was one of them so I know how to bust them" card.

Kind of.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Oh he does, 'I bought all these politicians I know how it works' blah blah
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 11:11:02 AM
False consciousness is all my middle class Languish buds supporting Sanders  :mad:

That's your idea of a strategic mistake, not false consciousness.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 11:26:54 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 11:11:02 AM
False consciousness is all my middle class Languish buds supporting Sanders  :mad:

That's your idea of a strategic mistake, not false consciousness.

I may be less than an expert on Marxist theory.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 11:26:08 AM

I was the puppet master of the puppet masters? Sounds like he would be even more to blame. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I actually kind of admire the way he responded to criticism that he invited Hillary to his wedding and had contributed to her past campaign(s).  Basically said she went to his wedding because he paid her, thus proving a point how politicians can be bought.  Haven't heard a peep from his opponents about the issue since then.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2016, 11:29:15 AM
I was the puppet master of the puppet masters? Sounds like he would be even more to blame. :D

I can see why you would say that as a Hillary supporter.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2016, 11:30:42 AM

I can see why you would say that as a Hillary supporter.

Perhaps you mean as a person following a basic train of logic. ;)

Martinus

Not to his voters. It makes him more attractive than Bernie exactly for this reason. Trump is their Gracchus.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 11:28:54 AM

I may be less than an expert on Marxist theory.

:console: It's never too late.  Just avoid "early" Marx and you'll be fine.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)