Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 12:01:50 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 09, 2016, 11:58:31 AM
Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2016, 03:27:23 AM
That article analysis was excellent, Tim. Thanks for posting this.

This also kinda explains the almost uniform condemnation of Trump from Languishite Yanks - almost everybody here is squarely middle class.

*I* have been saying all along that Trump is NOT a "Republican" phenomenon, but I get shouted down pretty quickly every time.

Weird I have been saying that but nobody has shouted me down. But then New Yorkers are louder.

I'd take metro Austin over metro Rochester in the loudness sweepstakes, if I were a betting man.  Or if Yi could engineer some double-blind randomized decibel test to wager on.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 11:55:10 AM
You don't support Kasich even though you have been living under his glorious regime? Not a great endorsement of Mr. Kasich.

Of course I support Kasich. He's a great guy and has been great for Ohio, particularly Ohio beer.  And I think he'd be a good pragmatic (but still loyal to his Republican core) president.  It's just that my views line up more with Rand Paul Ted Cruz.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2016, 12:25:22 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 11:55:10 AM
You don't support Kasich even though you have been living under his glorious regime? Not a great endorsement of Mr. Kasich.

Of course I support Kasich. He's a great guy and has been great for Ohio, particularly Ohio beer.  And I think he'd be a good pragmatic (but still loyal to his Republican core) president.  It's just that my views line up more with Rand Paul Ted Cruz.

But...but...executive experience Spicey!

Just tell us Cruz more represents your views but you think Kasich is, at this point, more qualified and we will forgive your immoral betrayal of all your values. -_-
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

my views line up more with Rand Paul Ted Cruz.

That is...terrifying. To imagine that there are actual real people who have actual real views that align with Ted Cruz.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Legbiter

QuoteDonald Trump has a commanding lead over Marco Rubio and John Kasich in their home states.

A CNN/ORC poll out Wednesday has Trump holding the lead in Florida with almost double the share of voters than Rubio (40 percent to 24 percent). Cruz follows with 19 percent and Kasich has just 5 percent.

The poll of Ohio Republicans has Trump ahead of the Ohio governor 41 percent to 35 percent. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has 15 percent and Rubio is a distant fourth with 7 percent.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/donald-trump-kasich-rubio-poll-220481

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

The Minsky Moment

It's just that my views line up more with Rand Paul Ted Cruz.

Time for Lasik
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

I don't understand what that gif has to do with anything. :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 09, 2016, 12:29:51 PM

That is...terrifying. To imagine that there are actual real people who have actual real views that align with Ted Cruz.

92% :showoff:

As much as you'd like to separate yourself from people who have right-wing views, we're still here :menace:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 09, 2016, 12:53:11 PM
As much as you'd like to separate yourself from people who have right-wing views, we're still here :menace:

People with insane radical nutcase views are on the left as well.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 09, 2016, 12:53:05 PM
I don't understand what that gif has to do with anything. :huh:

Trump is celebrating his yuge victory I assume.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 12:54:29 PM

:alberta: One Big Union!

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 12:54:29 PM

see: Michigan Democrat primary results

Valmy

Berkut

Quote from: Berkut on March 09, 2016, 12:29:51 PM

92% :showoff:

There is right wing, and then there is just plain ignorant.

And then there is not just ignorant, but holding up ignorance as an actual virtue.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned