And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on February 26, 2016, 12:40:53 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 26, 2016, 12:34:22 PM
Why would I admit I was wrong when his argument is an obvious, even to you, a strawman?

What is funny is the irony of you defending his personal attacks and strawman. You don't even see how perfectly you are fitting right into the role you've carved out for yourself.

Raz is a fellow partisan, so no matter what dis-honest attack he makes, you are right there to back him up, as you reliably do no matter how ridiculous he gets.
The only thing obvious is that your campaign against "partisans" and undetected ironies on Languish has jumped the shark.  Get over yourself, you just as dumb as the rest of us here.

Okay, maybe you can tell what he means by "partisan".  I'm at a loss.  In previous threads he raves about how Democrats destroyed the moderate elements of their party because they weren't insufficiently leftist.  Then when some Democrats fail to line up behind the most left wing politician in the Senate that's also partisan.  When I agree with a republican, that's partisan.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Tonitrus

Quote from: garbon on February 26, 2016, 12:54:49 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 26, 2016, 12:54:14 PM
Governor Chris Christie Endorses Donald Trump

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/26/chris-christie-endorses-donald-trump/

Temper tantrum?

Sloppy editing (or they hired Tim).

QuoteMr. Christie was a candidate for preisdent himself until he came in sixth place in New Hampshire's primary.

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on February 26, 2016, 12:44:44 PM
Quote from: DGuller on February 26, 2016, 12:28:22 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 26, 2016, 12:18:07 PM
What do you think the chances of Berkut admitted he's wrong are?
Zero.  But you should make him squirm rather than give him an easy and somewhat credible out.  Arguing with a person calling you names is tiresome, whether you're dead right or dead wrong.

I had him dead to rights earlier this week, I asked him how the FBI should further their investigation concerning concerning that Apple phone.  I asked twice.  He simply ignored me.  I'm guessing there are three possible result to talking to Berkut.  I'm wrong and he'll tell me, I'm have a point he'll ignore me, or I have a point and he will tell me he's ignoring me.

You didn't get a response then for the same reason you are not getting a response now - because it is a stupid question you already know that answer to, and answering the question doesn't do any good, since it just drags the discussion into the cesspool.

I don't care how the FBI should continue their investigation. They can investigate anyway they like. They can continue the investigation as if the iPhone never existed, or they can try to figure out some other way to get at that information, or they can shelve the entire thing and go home. But you know that answer already, so what is the point of me saying it? It just encourages people like you and DG to keep asking irrelevant, stupid questions so that later you two can tell each other how brilliant you are.

Clearly the mistake I made was ever in thinking I should give you a break, a mistake I won't repeat since you are so willing to simply use it as further ammo for your childish attacks.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

Quote from: DGuller on February 26, 2016, 12:53:18 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 26, 2016, 12:34:22 PM
Or, to put it more succinctly, I am just going to stop feeding the biggest Languish troll.

It would be nice if others didn't actively encourage him, every now and again I see this glimmer of hope that he might change, but then you come along and cheer him on, so it seems unlikely.
I'm agreeing with Raz because he's right in this case, not because he's a troll and I want to encourage him. 

I think you are way too bright for me to believe that, so I have no choice but to fall back on you just, as always, support your team regardless of the merits of the argument. You are, if nothing else, completely consistent, so I will give you that.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on February 26, 2016, 01:25:04 PM

You didn't get a response then for the same reason you are not getting a response now - because it is a stupid question you already know that answer to, and answering the question doesn't do any good, since it just drags the discussion into the cesspool.

I don't care how the FBI should continue their investigation. They can investigate anyway they like. They can continue the investigation as if the iPhone never existed, or they can try to figure out some other way to get at that information, or they can shelve the entire thing and go home. But you know that answer already, so what is the point of me saying it? It just encourages people like you and DG to keep asking irrelevant, stupid questions so that later you two can tell each other how brilliant you are.

Clearly the mistake I made was ever in thinking I should give you a break, a mistake I won't repeat since you are so willing to simply use it as further ammo for your childish attacks.

:huh:  How the fuck am I suppose to know what you think?  I think "how should law enforcement investigate a crime" is a very relevant one.  Obviously we are operating on different wave links if your answer is, "I don't care".  In fact, I find such an answer to be bizarre in the extreme.  You're acting really weird here Berkut.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jacob

Quote from: Berkut on February 26, 2016, 01:29:39 PM
I think you are way too bright for me to believe that, so I have no choice but to fall back on you just, as always, support your team regardless of the merits of the argument. You are, if nothing else, completely consistent, so I will give you that.

I think this is a mischaracterization of Dguller.

DGuller

Quote from: DGuller on February 26, 2016, 12:53:18 PM
I'm agreeing with Raz because he's right in this case, not because he's a troll and I want to encourage him. 
I think you are way too bright for me to believe that,
Sorry to disappoint you, but I am indeed dumb enough to hold that opinion.  Hopefully I'll have an opportunity to regain your recognition of my intellect some time in the future.
so I have no choice but to fall back on you just, as always, support your team regardless of the merits of the argument. You are, if nothing else, completely consistent, so I will give you that.
:jaron:

alfred russel

Quote from: Jacob on February 26, 2016, 01:57:45 PM

However, it is fair to say that he is bad at keeping secrets.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: alfred russel on February 26, 2016, 02:14:15 PM

Yes, Dorsey, keeping my mouth shut for seven years while having my integrity continuously questioned is obviously being bad at keeping secrets.

If your fucking with me, I don't find this amusing and never did, so please stop.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on February 26, 2016, 02:27:01 PM

Yes, Dorsey, keeping my mouth shut for seven years while having my integrity continuously questioned is obviously being bad at keeping secrets.

If your fucking with me, I don't find this amusing and never did, so please stop.

I took Dorsey's comment as a joke and nothing more.  I chuckled. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

I thought it was mildly amusing. :)

Also, in its own way, supportive of DGuller as it implied agreement with Jacob.

Eddie Teach

Well, he hasn't told anyone about the time we found two million dollars.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?