News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Man Rubio is going to have to repeat that term.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

Quote from: DGuller on February 25, 2016, 09:34:25 PM
Anything interesting happening in the debate?

Rubio and Cruz ganging up on Trump, Trump looking weak and silly (like how he made Jeb look). Pretty entertaining for 20 minutes or so.

Even though Trump will lose the debate it probably won't affect his poll numbers anyway  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Kleves

Rubio is really going after Trump. That's pretty fun.
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

HisMajestyBOB

Cruz trying to call out Trump for saying he won't let people die on the streets.
Rubio trying to pin "repeating yourself" on Trump.
Trump being Trump.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

derspiess

I ended up at a Vikings watch party.  Kinda wish I was watching the debate at home.  Which is saying something.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on February 25, 2016, 10:19:12 PM
I ended up at a Vikings watch party.  Kinda wish I was watching the debate at home.  Which is saying something.

Ah yeah? I heard that was a good show.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Granted, it's the important part of the combines schedule, but it's still a little early isn't it?

derspiess

I have never been to the combine.  But I know a little bit about what happens after hours there.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Also my nephew threw up after eating a corn dog at last year's combine and now he won't eat any.  He told his story to my son right after I bough a huge frozen pack of them.  Long story short, I have 29 corn dogs in the freezer.

HisMajestyBOB

I predict that the media's post-debate analysis will say that Trump lost and Rubio won. Just like all the other debates.
Yet Trump will still win on Super Tuesday.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 25, 2016, 10:23:31 PM

Granted, it's the important part of the combines schedule, but it's still a little early isn't it?

Combine? :unsure:

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on February 25, 2016, 08:44:37 PM
QuoteNo one should be surprised that he's tearing through the Republican primaries, because everything he's saying about his GOP opponents is true. They really are all stooges on the take, unable to stand up to Trump because they're not even people, but are, like Jeb and Rubio, just robo-babbling representatives of unseen donors.

Bingo.

Trump and Sanders are about the very thing that the partisans hate and are so desperate to deny - that their candidates are just shills.

So let me get this straight, if you are a leftist and support the furthest left candidate you can, you are not a partisan, but if you chose the more moderate candidate you are a left wing partisan?  You need to work on your theory a little more there, Berkshire Hunt.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on February 25, 2016, 10:35:25 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 25, 2016, 08:44:37 PM
QuoteNo one should be surprised that he's tearing through the Republican primaries, because everything he's saying about his GOP opponents is true. They really are all stooges on the take, unable to stand up to Trump because they're not even people, but are, like Jeb and Rubio, just robo-babbling representatives of unseen donors.

Bingo.

Trump and Sanders are about the very thing that the partisans hate and are so desperate to deny - that their candidates are just shills.

So let me get this straight, if you are a leftist and support the furthest left candidate you can, you are not a partisan, but if you chose the more moderate candidate you are a left wing partisan?  You need to work on your theory a little more there, Berkshire Hunt.

My theory is fine - yours...not so much. Welcome back to ignore, d-bag.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

:lol:  Do you ever get asked to visit college psychology classes to demonstrate confirmation bias?  You are best example of it that I've ever seen.

"I don't need to explain how counter intuitive theory works, I can just ignore people who point out it doesn't make any sense!".

It must be nice to know you absolutely right all the time.  Suicide bombers have more doubt then you do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: DGuller on February 25, 2016, 09:34:25 PM
Anything interesting happening in the debate?

Nothing that I could see changing anything. Trump has largely done terrible in all of the debates, the media has said so, and after a day or so no one cares because his poll numbers don't move. He had probably his worst debate last night, but it's also one of the last primary debates of what feels like fifteen, and I suspect after a certain number of these most voters are no longer putting serious weight on debate performance. I mean, almost no one cares about a debate performance unless you commit some gaffe that hurts your campaign, or one of your opponents says something that is deeply impactful and gets massive amounts of attention ("ask yourself if you're better off today than you were four years ago..." was the sentence that made Carter a one term loser[slight exaggeration].) Some gaffes were committed by Trump but as he's demonstrated, gaffes don't matter for Trump, and nothing real impactful was said.

If anything I could even see Rubio losing points for going after Trump, while he was great at it he also came off looking nasty, and part of his appeal is he isn't as terrible as Trump. In a way when you have to get down in the mud with Trump and you're a United States Senator he's already won, regardless of what's happening.