News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Jeb called Trump a loser, liar, and a whiner.  Then he finished it with "please gasp".

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 08, 2016, 04:32:56 PM
Is your vote for NY, CA, or some other group of delegates?

So if you do the Dem abroad thing, your primary vote for president goes to the Overseas Dems vote group of delegates - so weighted out a of a pool of something like 15k votes. You can still then do any of the other more local primary things for the last state you lived in.

Repubs and independents could just do the standard overseas voter for their last lived in state which is also what everyone does for general election.

And yeah, I'm a NY voter still as like mentioned you stay with whatever your last state of residence was even if you have no plans to go back.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

How did Rocky Balboa get on this ballot but not the Iowa ballot?

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 08, 2016, 04:58:11 PM
How did Rocky Balboa get on this ballot but not the Iowa ballot?

Quick search says he is on ~20 ballots. Also I think in the Dem Abroad one, probably easy to get on ballot.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Five weeks to go until the NC primary, and I still haven't decided who to vote for.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on February 08, 2016, 07:07:23 PM
Five weeks to go until the NC primary, and I still haven't decided who to vote for.

If you had, he'd probably drop out before getting to you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Apparently the polls open in NH at midnight.

Eddie Teach

celedhring

DGuller

Won't matter.  It's a well-known facts that true conservatives didn't start getting elected until 2010.  Kasich missed the cut by a couple of decades.

alfred russel

Quote from: celedhring on February 08, 2016, 07:29:38 PM
That's not gonna help, I think.  :hmm:

If you zoom in really close on that picture, in REALLY tiny print, it says "Paid for by Ted Cruz for President".
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

QuoteThe results are a welcome sign for Kasich, whose campaign said he actively reached out to all nine voters who voted early on Tuesday.

:lol: If he could only do that to all twenty million or so who are going to vote in the primaries, he'd have a real good shot.

celedhring

Seems a decent investment of (minimal) resources. For whatever reason those hamlets get a disproportionate media time. They even get reported here.

Is there any kind of pressure to reform the US primary system? A bunch of candidates are going to drop off after today, and that's just after what? Two states that account for roughly 1.5% of the electorate?

Valmy

Quote from: celedhring on February 09, 2016, 09:02:41 AM
Is there any kind of pressure to reform the US primary system? A bunch of candidates are going to drop off after today, and that's just after what? Two states that account for roughly 1.5% of the electorate?

It is complicated. For one the primaries are not supposed to even exist Constitutionally, they are a creation of the parties.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."