Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Phillip V on February 07, 2016, 09:11:41 AM
Chris Christie exposes Marco Rubio to be a robot. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRB9ehEo46A

I don't understand why whomever that is thought it was clever to add robot voice.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: Liep on February 07, 2016, 09:37:36 AM

Wtf was Rubio trying to do though?

Obviously he figured out that the way to appeal to republican primary voters is first to make clear that obama knows what he is doing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

There are post Iowa polls out for the Georgia primaries...which could be important because I assume Georgia will be similar to other southern states, and I haven't seen polls for them in a while.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/05/wsb-tv-poll-donald-trumps-lead-in-georgia-deflates-hillary-clinton-still-cruises-here/

Republicans:
Donald Trump: 27.3 percent;
Ted Cruz: 18.3 percent;
Marco Rubio: 18.2 percent;
Undecided: 15.4 percent;
Ben Carson: 7.7 percent;
John Kasich: 4.4 percent;
Chris Christie: 3.9 percent;
Jeb Bush: 3 percent;
Carly Fiorina: 1.8 percent.

Democrats:
Hillary: 63.3%
Sanders: 21.5%

I'm shocked that Sanders isn't doing better. It seems like there is some enthusiasm for him here.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Legbiter

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on February 07, 2016, 09:54:38 AM
Quote from: Liep on February 07, 2016, 09:37:36 AM

Wtf was Rubio trying to do though?

He was trying to dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country to make America more like the rest of the world. 
This was because he needed to dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country to make America more like the rest of the world.
Moreover, on the question of his experience, he thinks we need to dispel with the fiction that Barack Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He knows exactly what he's doing. Barack Obama is undertaking a systematic effort to change this country to make America more like the rest of the world.

Probably a bug in it's simulated sweat glands that shorted out it's answer module. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

Damn it, I picked the wrong night to play XCOM2.  That actually sounded like a proper train wreck of a debate.  :(

Razgovory

Quote from: alfred russel on February 07, 2016, 11:44:24 AM
There are post Iowa polls out for the Georgia primaries...which could be important because I assume Georgia will be similar to other southern states, and I haven't seen polls for them in a while.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/05/wsb-tv-poll-donald-trumps-lead-in-georgia-deflates-hillary-clinton-still-cruises-here/

Republicans:
Donald Trump: 27.3 percent;
Ted Cruz: 18.3 percent;
Marco Rubio: 18.2 percent;
Undecided: 15.4 percent;
Ben Carson: 7.7 percent;
John Kasich: 4.4 percent;
Chris Christie: 3.9 percent;
Jeb Bush: 3 percent;
Carly Fiorina: 1.8 percent.

Democrats:
Hillary: 63.3%
Sanders: 21.5%

I'm shocked that Sanders isn't doing better. It seems like there is some enthusiasm for him here.

I'm telling you, Blacks don't trust him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

Meanwhile, Donald Trump has a great relationship with the blacks. Bernie can learn something from him.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Razgovory

Quote from: Jaron on February 07, 2016, 02:44:18 PM
Meanwhile, Donald Trump has a great relationship with the blacks. Bernie can learn something from him.

A white nationalist group is doing robo calls for Trump. :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: Syt on February 07, 2016, 07:08:18 AM
https://youtu.be/OR1kV2hBaGY?t=31s

:lol: :bleeding:

He is always so awkward. :D

That was actually a kinda nice/cool gesture by Trump.

alfred russel

Quote from: Razgovory on February 07, 2016, 01:49:35 PM

I'm telling you, Blacks don't trust him.

The article I linked only gave that Hillary's support among blacks was 77%. It doesn't say what it was among the rest of the population, but blacks are probably around half the democratic primary voters, so if Hillary is at 63% overall, that means she is probably around 49% among non blacks.

So I would say:

a) you are right
b) Sanders has material from his career that should rally support to him
c) Hillary has racial baggage from 2008 that Sanders can exploit (though he seems disinclined to go negative)
d) it seems late in the game for Sanders to come back from such a massive deficit, so there may not be time to capitalize on b and c

Martinus

Watched the whole exchange. A Nixon moment for Rubio. What a twerp. Gotta love Christie. He completely destroyed him.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Meh, I'll chose to continue not loving Christie, but it's nice he was there at that time and that place.  Empty suit being destroyed by a decidedly not empty suit.